D'Antoni: My System Will Produce Title For Knicks

After two difficult seasons in New York, Mike D'Antoni remains confident in his own coaching game plan and the team's strategy of building a winner through free-agency.

"I’m 100 percent sure the way we want to play will win," D'Antoni said in response to a question about his quick-paced style of basketball. "I think we’ll win a championship this way. Now, not today. But that’s where we want to get to."

D'Antoni admitted that he came in thinking he could turn the Knicks around right away.

"Didn’t happen. Underperformed a little bit, no doubt about it," he said. "Again, all we can do is keep slogging away and keep trying to get better and understand where the plan’s going and we’ll have a good shot at it for next year."

D'Antoni appreciates the support Donnie Walsh has given him in taking the blame for the Knicks' poor play.

"That’s awful nice of him, first of all, and that’s why I came here, because I have so much faith in him that we can get the job done together. There’s nobody out of the boat; everybody’s in the same boat."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65152/20100305/dantoni_my_system_will_produce_title_for_knicks/

I don't think so. until they stop banking on FA and trading all their picks away, i dont see them building a title contender IMO. David Lee/Danilo is a nice core to build around, i just dont see this 2010 thing panning out. If they get lucky they might land Joe Johnson, and if they do it might turn into Amare as well, but that's in a dream world.

shoulda stuck to drafting and building through youth(and maybe flip a few for a star ala Boston). But hey, i could be wrong. Until they prove so, they've had nothing but a few mediocre seasons after trading high picks for Big Name players who were mainly "Me First" players(marbury, Z-Bo, Eddy Curry, Franchise etc)