Eric Gordon: A Disapointing Sophomore Season?

I've really liked Gordon's game since I first watched him last season with the Clippers and for some reason I seem to have watched a decent amount of Clipper games this season (not sure why lol) and I've been somewhat disapointed in his play this season. Don't get me wrong he isn't playing poorly by any stretch of the imagination as he is averaging 17.2 ppg on 46% shooting while only taking 13 shots a game.

What I am somewhat disapointed in though is his lack of improvement in other areas. His assist numbers are the exact same as he had last season (2.8), his free throw shooting is down by nearly 11% from last season, his USG% is up (which is concerning considering his lack of increased numbers) and his offensive rating is down from last year as well. His play this season has been worse than his play after the All-Star break last season where he put up 19/3/3 on 47.5%.

On the bright side, he is still playing solid two way basketball and isn't taking possessions off on the defensive end, which is nice to see from a player that is capable of putting up 20 ppg, and somebody as young as Gordon.

Like I said above, he hasn't played poorly by any stretch of the imagination, but is anybody else somewhat disapointed by Gordon's play this season? Or did I have unrealistic expectations of him becoming more than just a scorer?

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Well the Clippers are a huge mess, they have some decent players but they just cannot win and have not done so in many years, that one year they did where they took the Suns to 7 games, I seriously sometimes wonder how a team can be so bad, and why dont they move out of LA? Would be great marketing wise, and would attract fans.