Who should the Warriors build around?

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough question, but I'll say Curry. Ellis is a solid scorer and he has had his chance to lead the team, but for whatever reasons (coaching, injuries, or players not executing) the Warriors havent had success. Curry is raw, he's a very underrated passer, he can score from anywhere on the floor, and he hustles as much as any other player on that squad. I've watched a couple Warriors games this season, and it seems like Curry's play is contagious whenever he plays well the team plays well.

Edited by Confidence

I have to go with Monte, Curry has shown alot but I still think Monte is the player for that team. They both should be kept and not traded, I am sure Warriors think the same because they did reject Mayo for Monte trade. Both are system players right now, when they get an actual coach then we will see how they really can play.

Edited by ChosenOne

I'm not so much sold on Ellis, sure his a great scorer, but try putting him on a team where there are more scorers, maybe even one as good as him and I don't think he'd be putting up as impressive numbers.

I'd rather build around Curry. He isn't known for an amazing passing ability but I think his quite underrated when it comes to that, his not like Nash or anything but he isn't bad either.

Neither are players that you are going to build an NBA Championship caliber team around, so I pick the "other" option. This team needs to luck out in the lottery/draft and land a bonafide franchise player. Ellis and Curry can be good complimentary players on a good team, but the only kind of team that they would be the focal point on is a lottery team, unless they have an absolutely absurd supporting cast around them (I'm talking borderline All-Stars at every position).

With that said, I would hold onto Curry if I had to choose between Ellis and Curry. Ellis is a good scorer but I like the complete game that Curry brings to the table much more. Ellis is the better scorer but Curry has him beat in probably every other aspect offensively. Whether it is shooting, playmaking, offensive IQ, running an offense, etc..., Curry does it better than Ellis does. I just like the way that Curry plays the game much more than Ellis.

Another thing that makes me favour Curry more than Ellis is that Curry's game relies very little on athletic ability and a lot on basketball IQ and fundamentals. If Ellis were to suffer a serious injury to his knees that took away from his explosiveness, speed and all that jazz, I don't think that he would be the same kind of player as he is now. On the other hand, Curry's style of play would be able to withstand an injury, although obviously nobody would want to see either of them suffer a serious injury.

My opinions may not be very accurate because these are based more off of last season and the way that Curry played at Davidson than their play this season because I haven't watched that many Warrior games (maybe 5 all season).

Yeah I don't think you build around either. But I picked Curry because he's more of a traditional PG than Monta who's a SG in a PG's body. Plus I like Curry's attitude better. I just think Monta needs to be traded, I don't see him as someone leading a contending team, I kinda look at him as a better Michael Redd. And they had the perfect chance to get a good future going with the Mayo trade, just awful that they didn't accept it.