Barnes/Odom beef

Real Deal

• Owner

Hmm...

"What's crazy about it is that it's giving these teams like a quiet confidence where they think they can beat us and they start talking and carrying on and getting extra animated, even when they come here," Odom said, with dried blood caked under his thumb nail as he moved his hands around for emphasis. "I don't expect that. It's like the respect level [isn't there]. It seems like we got to take it to teams. [They're] way too confident against us."

He made a promise that teams trying to disrespect the Lakers will be finished, however.

"That [expletive] that Matt Barnes pulled," Odom said, "That ain't never going to happen again."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=4981489

Hmm, I've never seen Matt Barnes be a dominant player off the bench night in and night out like LO. I've never seen teams desperately try to resign Barnes. Maybe he should keep his mouth shut

I wonder if the Lakers say any of the things that they say to the media, to each other. Pau, Odom and Kobe specifically.

I covered this game and Kobe, Lamar, and Pau didn't talk once before or after the game in the locker room.

I thought this was between Barnes and Kobe, where did Odom come from?

My thoughts exactly... I think he called him out first. But what I don't know is why.

BTW bigdog.. I read this and started dying of laughter, maybe it was the way i read it.. but its true and funny at the same time.

Edited by deestillballin
  • Like 1