Nets or Knicks?

Nitro

Ok, I know this is technically the PLAYER comparison forum, but I thought this would fit. I've been watching a lot of Nets and Knicks basketball lately seeing as I am from NJ and got YES and MSG Network, and with all the hoopla over the 2010 free agent class, it got me wondering...which team has the more lucrative core of players to help lure 1-2 big-name free-agents this summer? Both teams will have a ton of cap room to play with this upcoming summer, and both teams have a few talented young players staying around for at least the next year or two. Currently the Knicks have four players under contract for next season...Wilson Chandler, Danillo Gallinari, Tony Douglas and Bill Walker. The Nets currently have 6 players under contract...Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Keyon Dooling (who is likely to be bought out from what I hear), Courtney Lee, Brook Lopez and Terrence Williams.

Now keep in mind that with the Nets holding the worst record in the league, they have a terrific chance at landing the #1 draft pick, which will surely be used on Kentucky's John Wall.

With all of that said...doesn't it seem kind of ridiculous to anyone else that the Knicks are getting all of the attention regarding the 2010 draft class when the Nets have such a talented young core to build around already? Their record this year has been historically terrible, sure, but they still have an All-Star level PG in Harris, Lopez is already flirting with being a 20/10 big man who continues to improve, Yi is erratic but solid, and Lee and Williams are both two very bright prospects. Not to mention if they could land Wall at the draft, that's a franchise level player that'll be on the roster for years to come.

I understand the Knicks are NY's team and everyone wants to play at the Garden, but IMO the Nets are the team that this year's big-name free agents should seriously consider if they do move teams (excluding maybe Miami if Wade stays). With a big-name free agent who could provide the team with the leadership they really, really lack, I think they could be a very dangerous team for years and years to come.

Thoughts?

Nets, easily. Check this out, LeBron (if you're reading, and I know you are):

C - Brook Lopez

PF - Yi Jianlian

SF - LeBron James

SG - Devin Harris

PG - John Wall

Not even fair.

They would probably trade Harris for a more true shooting guard, which would make the team even more fearful.