Official What You Listening To?

MainEv3nt

WOAH THERE!!!! Em has had many, many songs where he spits things just to play with words, but Renegade is not one of those. Both of his verses have quite a bit of meaning.

i'm just sayin...

my childhood didn't mean much, only raisin green up,

raisin my fingers to critics, raisin my head to the sky,

big I did it, multi before I die [expletive]a, no lie, just know I,

chose my own fate, I drove by the fork in the road and went straight

that's that realness. :glasses:

i'm just sayin...

my childhood didn't mean much, only raisin green up,

raisin my fingers to critics, raisin my head to the sky,

big I did it, multi before I die [expletive]a, no lie, just know I,

chose my own fate, I drove by the fork in the road and went straight

that's that realness. :glasses:

The last line he bit. Listen to the Jay-Z diss I posted in this thread a day or two ago called 'Swagger Jacker' by Cam'ron. It's a 7min mix of Jay-Z biting other rapper's lines.

And FWIW...

Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen

I ain't no politician but I'll kick it with 'em a minute

Cause see they call me a menace; and if the shoe fits I'll wear it

But if it don't, then y'all'll swallow the truth grin and bear it

Now who's these king of these rude ludicrous lucrative lyrics

Who could inherit the title, put the youth in hysterics

Usin his music to steer it, sharin his views and his merits

But there's a huge interference - they're sayin you shouldn't hear it

Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit

Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish

;)

nah lol, that ain't as good. :)

It's much better lol, especially since Jay-Z stole the best line in that verse.

And listen to that song I told you, you won't look at Jay-Z the same way again. He's stolen about half of the best lines in his career.

It's much better lol, especially since Jay-Z stole the best line in that verse.

And listen to that song I told you, you won't look at Jay-Z the same way again. He's stolen about half of the best lines in his career.

"You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song."

"You made it a hot line, I made it a hot song."

There's a huge difference between using a line, keeping the original rapper's voice, and making it a hook (which is what he did with Dead President II), as opposed to spitting someone's same line in a verse.

"How much of Biggie's rhymes gon' come out your fat lips?"

Edited by Nitro

I already seen that video. it's not a big deal to me. rappers steal lines all the time. I'm sure Em's bitten a fair share too.

Not 7+ minutes of material, most lines being bitten word-for-word. Also, Em never bit 3+ minutes of a single rapper's lines and then claimed to be better than that rapper, like Jay did with BIG.

Eh all rappers bite lines from eachother, I kinda feel like if anyone is entitled to bite lines from Big it would be Jay, both from Brooklyn, Jay one of the only modern day rappers who ever recorded a hit with Big.

Anyway as for Renegade, Em def better

I'm a mother [expletive]ing spiteful delightful eyeful

The new Ice Cube, mother [expletive]ers hate to like you

But what did I do? I'm just a kid from the gutter

Making his money of these blood suckers

Heard this on my iPod got it stuck in my head

Eh all rappers bite lines from eachother, I kinda feel like if anyone is entitled to bite lines from Big it would be Jay, both from Brooklyn, Jay one of the only modern day rappers who ever recorded a hit with Big.

We're talking about 7+ minutes of someone biting other rappers' rhymes, a lot of times word-for-word. 3 minutes of just Biggie [expletive], and then Jay had the nerve to call himself better than Big. I'm sorry, but it rubs me the wrong way. Find me even 2min of Nas or Em biting other people's rhymes and I'd give the, "All rappers bite lines" statement some credence.

We're talking about 7+ minutes of someone biting other rappers' rhymes, a lot of times word-for-word. 3 minutes of just Biggie [expletive], and then Jay had the nerve to call himself better than Big. I'm sorry, but it rubs me the wrong way. Find me even 2min of Nas or Em biting other people's rhymes and I'd give the, "All rappers bite lines" statement some credence.

Well obviously I'm not going to song for song and compare rappers to eachother, it rubs me the wrong way to that'd he ever say he was better than Big. Still 7 minutes out of a guy who has 10 records is pretty minuscule.

I find it surprising he'd say he's better than Big when considering this lyric

"I'm not a biter, I'm a writer for myself and others, I say a big verse I'm only biggin up brother, biggin up my borough I'm big enough to do it. I'm that thorough, plus I know my own flow is foolish."

Edited by fish7718

Well obviously I'm not going to song for song and compare rappers to eachother, it rubs me the wrong way to that'd he ever say he was better than Big. Still 7 minutes out of a guy who has 10 records is pretty minuscule.

It's really not, especially when 2Pac made thousands of songs and probably didn't have even 5min worth of rhyme-biting. I KNOW Nas doesn't have even 2min of biting people's rhymes, and he's been around longer than Jay.