Jho and Wiz Show Mutal Interest In New Deal

Josh Howard's tenure with the Wizards may go into the 10-11 season.

According to two sources with knowledge of the Wizards' thinking, the team is considering re-signing Howard, albeit a price less than his option when he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

The sources were encouraged with Howard, who brought a positive attitude and enthusiasm to a locker room in desperate need of a jolt.

Howard said he would like to return to Washington next season, citing the Wizards' two first-round picks and significant cap room this summer.

"I feel like I'm in a good place right here in Washington if they give me a shot. Great city, fans support. Another top-notch organization. Can't beat it. And I'm close to home," said Howard, a North Carolina native. The Wizards "gave me a fresh start. Being able to come to an organization that's great, leaving another great one where I learned a lot. I'm hoping that I can still teach people what I learned there."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65293/20100311/wizards_howard_show_mutual_interest_for_new_deal/#ixzz0hvKpaavc