Rudy Gay Has Interest In Knicks

Rudy Gay will be among the Knicks' free-agent targets this off-season and could wind up in New York if the team's top choices cannot be had. He is a restricted free-agent, which means Memphis can match any offer sheet he signs with another team.

Gay is happy in Memphis but said Madison Square Garden is a special place for him to play.

"It's the most famous arena in the world and it's great to play there," said Gay. "Every time I play there, I get chills. To play in that arena would be nice, but FedEx Forum has kind of been home for me."

Gay also spoke favorably about Mike D'Antoni's free-flowing offensive system.

"That's an appealing style they play," Gay said. "Every kid grows up playing like that and enjoys it. What I like about D'Antoni's system is that everybody is effective in it. At any time, anybody can score. So it's something I'd look at this summer."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65335/20100313/rudy_gay_has_interest_in_knicks/

If Gay goes to New York, it'll be because they're giving more money than he deserves.

Ditto.

It seems more likely now that the Cavs are doing great that the Knicks are just going to get second-tier stars.

Like I said in the thread about him in the Memphis section. New York will get desperate once LeBron passes on them for Brooklyn or LA and sign either Gay or Joe Johnson to a max contract or one close it if not both of them.