Bosh Erupts After Loss

After the Raptors lost their eighth game in nine tries, franchise forward Chris Bosh erupted on Saturday night.

"Just do it," Bosh said in a quiet Raptors locker room about starting to take their playoff run seriously.

"Act like you care. We need to do the things that win. We don't do the things that win. I'm going down and playing offense on their side of the court and their (bench) is louder than we are. That doesn't make any sense. They're not playing for anything. We're trying to make the playoffs. We're trying to get the fifth seed but that is, like, slipping away every day."

Bosh continued.

"We're supposed to be gearing up for playoff basketball and this is not playoff basketball," he said. "Their bench is more active than ours is. They're players are getting more stops. They're getting more offensive rebounds. Everybody is doing everything. If you look on the schedule now and see Toronto, I'm sure people are checking the win box. I can understand if we lose a game going down fighting, but we're not fighting at all."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65350/20100314/bosh_erupts_after_loss/

Damn, that's the first time I've seen something like this from him.

Good to see him doing this. He needs to see if they're willing to get work done for him before it's too late. If they're all going to be lazy and not care, then my guess is he's on the first flight out of Toronto come free agency.

• Owner

Mike Ganter needs to proofread his articles, it looks like. It's one thing to spell a word wrong, but a really good (and professional) writer rarely uses the word "they're" incorrectly.

But yeah, the team needed to hear this. Bosh is no exception to it, though. He's off and on quite a bit.

Cause of a speech?

This is bad news for Raptors fans, he may consider leaving a lot more now.

Strong leadership + a 24 and 11 average with 52% shooting = MVP caliber to me.

There's only two things that keep me from believing this guy to be the actual MVP this year, though. One, his teammates have yet to legitimately respond. And two, LeBron James.

Edited by Poe

This is pretty much directed at Hedo Turkoglu. Also Bosh played pretty bad last night, he made some points, but our team is made up pretty much of guys who don't get fired up often, Hedo, Andrea mainly.

Bosh should look in the mirror though, he has played really poorly as of late, he needs to command the ball when we are launching jumpers every time down the floor. He also needs to not turn it over as many times as FG's he makes.

Our problem isn't our team trying, it is the fact that our wings can't keep a player in front of them to save their life. Monta would get into the paint at will, and that opened up the flood gates from 3.

Edited by travesy3

Strong leadership + a 24 and 11 average with 52% shooting = MVP caliber to me.

There's only two things that keep me from believing this guy to be the actual MVP this year, though. One, his teammates have yet to legitimately respond. And two, LeBron James.

52% not incredible for a big man but I suppose. I don't know to me theres only 2 real candidates and the rest of the guys just deserve consideration.