Granger Prefers Wall To Turner, Cousins

The Regime

Danny Granger hopes the Pacers win the lottery and draft John Wall.

"Honestly, you’d want the No. 1 pick and, if we had the No. pick, I’d take John Wall. I think he’s the best player in the draft. There’s some other good players in this draft: Evan Turner (a guard from Ohio State), the big kid from Kentucky, DeMarcus Cousins … But I would still take John Wall."

Granger was then asked who he would pick for MVP.

"I’d have to go with LeBron," said Granger. "Without him, they (the Cavs) probably wouldn’t win that many games. But with him, they are pretty much unstoppable. I think he’s one of the most unstoppable forces in the NBA.

Granger was then asked if he expects LeBron to re-sign with Cleveland or sign with New York.

"If I was LeBron, I’d go to New York," said Granger.

"New York is the media mecca as far as endorsements and being able to expand your personnel net worth. The exposure you can get there isn’t only nationally but globally. New York does all that for you."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65365/20100315/granger_prefers_wall_to_turner_cousins/

I agree with Flash? What exactly makes John Wall a guaranteed #1 pick. At the beginning of the season I was on the John Wall bandwagon to, but after watching Turner carry Ohio State on his shoulders you can easily make a case for him going #1. It really depends on the team imo.

What makes John Wall #1? Potential, his skill set and athleticism just makes his ceiling so high.

I agree with everything you said but Turner is just as good. The only thing that puts Wall ahead for some teams is that he's got a higher ceiling than Turner does.

Exactly and thats what you look for, therefore Wall is the #1 pick.

Not always because there's the potential bust factor. If you have a sure thing like Turner, sometimes it may be better to go conservative and take him since the difference in skill is about even. Wall has a higher ceiling but not by much either. Turner has the potential to be a dominant scorer in the NBA. That being said, Indy should go Wall because they've got a great wing player in Granger already and lack a PG like Wall.

i highly doubt wall will be a bust. a letdown perhaps, not a bust

I don't think he will either, I'm just saying there's always that possibility. I'd absolutely take Wall number 1 no matter what team I am.