Chris Bosh Reaches 10,000 Career Points

I would rather him go to New York than play for that douche Pat Riley.

I'd rather him go to any team other than the Heat simply because I am sick and tired of hearing about how it is a guarntee that the Heat are going to land either Bosh or Amare to pair along with Wade.

LOL what did Riles ever do to you guys? If wants a ring he'll come play with his boy Dwyane.

So one person mentions not liking Riley and all Raptor fans are lumped into that group?

I have nothing against Riley at all and think that he is a great basketball mind (I would lose some respect for him if he comes back to coaching next season if the Heat have a stacked team though), nor do I have anything against the Miami Heat either.

However, having to constantly hear about how Bosh or Stoudemire are guarnteed to go play in Miami, as well as the fact that it is 100% certain that Wade is staying in Miami gets pretty annoying after a while, especailly when every single thread that mentions Bosh in the Raptors forum gets responses like that.

With all of the cockiness that some (read some, not all) Miami fans have been posting with across various message boards I would just love to see them get knocked down a peg or two.

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 1

I don't speak for all Heat fans, though personally, I think it is very likely that Wade will stay. It's not guaranteed nor completely 100%, but I still think the chances are good.

Wade has said himself that he desires to stay. Before he signs, he just wants full assurance that this team is heading in the right direction first. It's not like he's packing his bags and bolting over to Chicago the moment the summer comes around. He's going to give Riley the chance to make some moves. Once Wade feels that the Heat can realistically obtain a championship with the moves made over the summer, he will resign. At that point, there is no reason not to. If Riley fails to bring the right pieces, however, then and only then will Wade be tempted to leave.

For Wade, it's Miami first. He's not coming into the summer thinking "ooh, I think I should join that team, they got so and so, and so and so". There's more to the decision making than how good each team looks on paper. There's also money, since if he resigns he gets an estimated $30 million more plus an extra year in his contract. Also, location plays a factor. Not every players wants to be close to their family and childhood friends. There is the constant nagging for money and tickets, and all of the other pressures that would surround him from being around family when it's easier to get away from it all in Miami, which isn't a bad place to live in the first place. With all that in mind, he already has a history with Miami. It's where he started his career, where he won his first championship, where he began his legacy, and where he will hopefully finish it. What's more is the Heat's massive cap room in what could be one of the biggest free agencies in sports history, and the opportunity as a whole to realistically put some major guys around Wade and Beasley. Wade understands all of this, but he's not going to take chances. He's going to wait for the moves to be made first before he decides what is best for himself.

That said, in order for Wade to stay, Riley is going to have to sign one of those "big time" FAs. Whether it be Stoudemire, Joe Johnson, or even Chris Bosh. Whoever is available, that's who the Heat will grab to be a third core piece next to Wade and Beasley, and the rest of the money will most likely be given to veteran players to fill the other roles.

The idea of getting one of these max free agents is not just a dream, but may very well be a reality. From what I understand about what Wade is looking for, he's thinking back to the days of Shaq, Mourning, Payton, Walker, Williams, Posey, and Haslem. Riley has no choice but to do everything he can to bring in one or maybe two of these guys (Amar'e, Bosh, Bron, Johnson, Lee, Gay, etc. etc.), or Wade is gone. That's it, and it's probably just as simple as that. It's a make or break summer for the Heat, and as a fan, I'm confident Riley will do the right things to make Wade stay and put this team in a position to win another championship.

So that's my perspective on the Wade vs Heat vs free agency deal. I suppose I can understand you're side, though. For a Heat fan, it's exciting to hear the different possibilities of what could happen this summer, even if most of the ideas are unrealistic. On the Raptors' fans side, though, all you guys hear about is whether Bosh will stay or not, and most fans on the outside of Toronto probably say he'll leave without giving legit reasons. Personally, I'm tired of hearing about Wade leaving to Chicago without any better reasons other than "it's his home town" and "they got Derrick Rose", but at least I have the positive FA possibilities to cancel it out.