[Completed] NBA's greatest small forward?

Real Deal

• Owner

In his prime, on a team without McHale, Bird probably would've scored 35 a game.

Overall playing abilities, one could argue for LeBron...but LeBron is not as great as Bird.

I'll say this much: a physically-gifted athlete can slow LeBron down, despite how bad he could be as a player (James White with muscles, for instance). There were very few people that could stop Bird, because he could score from 23 feet away, in the post, attacking the rim, mid-range, off the dribble, off the ball, and against any quick or strong player (or combination of the two), because he was three times smarter than LeBron is today.

James has yet to win a championship because the reckless driving to the rim only gets you so far. His game has improved significantly since his rookie season, and somewhat since 2007...but he tends to re-visit what has earned him individual success when the Cavs are in trouble, and as we saw last season against the Magic, and against the Spurs in 2007, it's not going to get it done.

LBJ has had very solid TEAMS. They have been excellent, standout defensive teams with players that can score 15 points on any given night. They are filled with guys that can knock down shots, the perfect teammates for James, who loves penetrating and passing.

Slaven, you (of all people) should be giving LeBron's teammates more credit. Your favorite all-time player (which I assume is Hakeem) had nearly the same team surrounding him, and he made the best of it by winning two consecutive rings.

LeBron's career isn't over yet. MJ didn't win a title until he was 27 I think?

LeBron's 25. Assume he'll play ten more years at least? Look at the stars LeBron has been compared to. Kobe, Mj, Oscar, etc...all have won rings. Let's just say LeBron is on pace to have a storied career like that.

Look at LeBron and look at Bird. Bird is a better shooter, but I've never seen an athlete that can dominate the opposition like LeBron. When you can dominate a sport like that, you have to get the nod.

LeBron's career isn't over yet. MJ didn't win a title until he was 27 I think?

LeBron's 25. Assume he'll play ten more years at least? Look at the stars LeBron has been compared to. Kobe, Mj, Oscar, etc...all have won rings. Let's just say LeBron is on pace to have a storied career like that.

Look at LeBron and look at Bird. Bird is a better shooter, but I've never seen an athlete that can dominate the opposition like LeBron. When you can dominate a sport like that, you have to get the nod.

He's on pace, BUT HE ISN'T THERE YET.

And of course he's dominant, but so was Bird, you just never had the chance to see him.

In his prime, on a team without McHale, Bird probably would've scored 35 a game.

Overall playing abilities, one could argue for LeBron...but LeBron is not as great as Bird.

I'll say this much: a physically-gifted athlete can slow LeBron down, despite how bad he could be as a player (James White with muscles, for instance). There were very few people that could stop Bird, because he could score from 23 feet away, in the post, attacking the rim, mid-range, off the dribble, off the ball, and against any quick or strong player (or combination of the two), because he was three times smarter than LeBron is today.

James has yet to win a championship because the reckless driving to the rim only gets you so far. His game has improved significantly since his rookie season, and somewhat since 2007...but he tends to re-visit what has earned him individual success when the Cavs are in trouble, and as we saw last season against the Magic, and against the Spurs in 2007, it's not going to get it done.

LBJ has had very solid TEAMS. They have been excellent, standout defensive teams with players that can score 15 points on any given night. They are filled with guys that can knock down shots, the perfect teammates for James, who loves penetrating and passing.

Slaven, you (of all people) should be giving LeBron's teammates more credit. Your favorite all-time player (which I assume is Hakeem) had nearly the same team surrounding him, and he made the best of it by winning two consecutive rings.

He has good players but not that second all-star (although I think Jamison is quickly fitting into that role. I also dont have a favorite player, or one that stands out to me in person.