What do you think of the VC trade now?

bigdog17k

With the season coming to a close  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I liked it from the start. He had an alright start to the season, then he hit a low during January. Since then he's been taking smarter shots and contributing more. Just look at his stats over the last two months.

February

18.6 ppg

3.8 rpg

3.2 apg

51.5% FG

51.1% 3P

76.2% FT

March

19.7 ppg

3.6 rpg

3.8 apg

50.4% FG

46.2% 3P

87.9% FT

If he can keep up this productivity going into the playoffs the Magic will go far.

• Like 1

Was a fan from the start, thought he was an improvement over Hedo. Things got pretty bad in January but it's great that he's fitting in now so close to the playoffs. I expected about 18/4/4 out of him and that's actually not far off from what he's given us. He's at 17/4/3 and he's only averaging 31mpg so I don't think he's dropped off as bad as people think.

I can't imagine what his teams could've been like if he had a big man like Dwight before he got injured. Dude used to be the best player in the league IMO. No one could stop him before he got injured in Toronto.

Though Vince is a more natural score and a more talented player, I still feel that Turkoglu was the better fit. It wasn't as bad of a move that I initially thought, but as far as the SG and SF positions go with how well it fit this team,

it's Lee and Turk > Vince and Barnes.

Despite this, the Magic can still make a push to the ECF, and maybe the Finals again. Reason being is because of having much more depth in their bench than before, and a now healthy Jameer Nelson. Last year they didn't have Williams, Barnes, Bass, or Anderson, and keep in mind the improvements that Redick and Gortat have made. I think that has been the main key, not as much Vince Carter, though they do need him to keep playing efficiently in order to succeed.

Edited by Poe

I can't imagine what his teams could've been like if he had a big man like Dwight before he got injured. Dude used to be the best player in the league IMO. No one could stop him before he got injured in Toronto.

Tru dat! Dude was on top of the basketball world. Can you imagine a title in Toronto then?