Amar’e Stoudemire Thinking of Joining 2010 Free Agency?

Sun Tzu

Phoenix Suns’ forward Amar’e Stoudemire indicated Monday he will opt out of the final season of his contract and become a free agent this summer and possibly joining other big names such as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Joe Johnson.

He belives that his been playing great lately and finally feels 100% after a serious eye injury suffered last season. Leading the league in most points scored in the last 10 games.

“It’s definitely a great time. The timing is perfect as far as being a free agent. But it doesn’t determine whether I stay or not,” Stoudemire told NBA.com.

“It’s a great time to be a free agent.”

Amar’e will be leaving approximately $17 million on the table from a player option if he does decide to option out of his current contract.

http://nbaweekly.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/amare-stoudemire-thinks-of-joining-2010-free-agency/

Edited by Sun Tzu

I have believed from the start he would be opting out. He would be getting a lot of money one way or another this off-season, even a team like OKC could throw a lot of money at him in the off-season if Bosh doesn't go there.

I have always believed the Knicks best scenario walking out of 2010 is with Joe Johnson and Bosh or Amare.

Edited by travesy3

If your a team trying to win a championship I dont think you should waste going after Amare. Imo hes not really a championship type player, he doesnt play defense and really just concerned about getting his points and not concerned about dominating the paint. Plus how inflated are his numbers with Phoenix run and gun + Steve Nash spoon feeding him. His rebounding numbers have never been that great and like I said he doesnt play defense at all. And a lot of times I see him out there at the end of blowout games just padding his stats.

But then again, I did say if your a CHAMPIONSHIP team dont sign him. If you want to fill seats, he might be worth a look. Miami would be a perfect fit for him. :lol:

Edited by kingfish

But then again, I did say if your a CHAMPIONSHIP team dont sign him. If you want to fill seats, he might be worth a look. Miami would be a perfect fit for him. :lol:

True, Miami does need their seats filled.

Directing towards Amar'e defense, it could be that the Suns never truly stressed it to him. Good players do what's asked out of them, and being that he signs with Miami, he may be able to adapt to the Riley defensive philosophy. Just look at what happened to Q-Rich.

If your a team trying to win a championship I dont think you should waste going after Amare. Imo hes not really a championship type player, he doesnt play defense and really just concerned about getting his points and not concerned about dominating the paint. Plus how inflated are his numbers with Phoenix run and gun + Steve Nash spoon feeding him. His rebounding numbers have never been that great and like I said he doesnt play defense at all. And a lot of times I see him out there at the end of blowout games just padding his stats.

Put him around a guard like Wade and he's a more than okay 2nd option and with Beasley as our number 3 I don't think we can go wrong. Not to mention 2 draft picks near the lottery I think we'll be okay. Plus, Miami stresses defense and he would learn a lot under McAdoo and Askins not to mention Alonzo.

You don't know what you are talking about, Amare can definitely contribute to a championship caliber team. I am the first to say he is overrated but he is still a really solid second option, especially alongside someone like D-Wade. Bigs who get close to 20-10 do not grow on trees.