Nets Are Doing "Nothing for Now"

"Nothing for now," said team president Rod Thorn. "We don't have anything going. Don't be looking to us to be doing anything (today)."

That's not quite the plan. The Nets want to wait out the first waves of signings and see who still is standing. There may be a bargain to be had. Eventually, there would have to be subtraction to bring another body aboard.

"We're looking at the Summer League and we have to take stock of where we are. With the trade of Vince, it changed the dynamic of our team," said GM Kiki Vandeweghe. "We have 15 contracts so we'd have to create space (eventually) if we want to do anything."

With the drafting of Terrence Williams, the acquisition of Lee and the expected development of Chris Douglas-Roberts, the Nets like their situation on the wing. They definitely could use a defender/rebounder at the four.

"They're out there," Thorn said. "It's a question of who can afford them."

Full Article

Also, if it interests anyone, there were reports of the Nets going after CJ Miles, but it turns out that the Nets were interested in him before the VC trade.

Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please Hakim Warrick please.

I pretty much covered this in one of my topics, actually i think that Rod quote is the same..

Yeah anyway i expected this.. we won't make any more moves i say .. i don't think this FA will be good enough for our needs ..