Clippers Looking At 3 Coaching Candidates

New Bobcats owner Michael Jordan didn't do much to dispel the notion that coach of the year candidate Larry Brown could leave Charlotte at season's end, so Brown will continue to be linked to a possible return to the Clippers or 76ers until he pledges otherwise.

Other names, though, are starting to circulate as likely coaching candidates for the Clippers.

Three options that the Clippers are strongly evaluating, according to NBA coaching sources: Byron Scott and Mark Jackson from ESPN's TV roster and Mavericks assistant coach Dwane Casey.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100326-27

(it is right after the Gilbert Arenas stuff)

I'd love to see Byron Scott take over for the Clippers. Even though some people thought he was a poor coach in New Orleans, I have liked him as a coach since he was in New Jersey. It says in the article that Scott is holding out for the Lakers job as there is a bunch of talk that he will be Phil Jackson's replacement when he decides to call it quits. Also, didn't Scott and Baron Davis have some issues with each other in New Orleans/Charlotte? That could be a potential problem.

I don't really know how much about Dwane Casey as a coach, other than the fact that he was fired from Milwaukee after only a handful of games and has been with the Mavs since then.

Can't really comment on Jackson either. I don't know if I would like to see the Clippers hire a rookie head coach as I think it would be smarter for them to hire somebody who has been around the block with all of the young talent on the team. Then again, it could be wise to hire a rookie head coach and let him gain some experience along with his young team. Who really knows.

Another thing that I found interesting in that article is that the Clippers hope to have a coach before Free Agency starts, but there is a chance that they may not hire a coach before then and use it as a potential push for LeBron. They would tell LeBron that if he were to sign with the Clippers that they would give him whatever coach he wanted. It would be a risk in doing that because the chances of LeBron signing with the Clippers is probably already fairly slim, and if he doesn't sign there they could miss out on all of the coaches who fit the best with the team.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I think Scott is a great coach. I wish he could be our coach down here as he and Riley have a history with each other. However, I think Scott will coach the Lakers once Phil retires.