Vince Carter: We're Still the Favorites

A lot of people think that changes made in Cleveland and Boston – getting Shaquille O'Neal via trade and Rasheed Wallace in free agency, respectively – have made the Cavaliers and the Celtics the co-favorites in the Eastern Conference this season.

Vince Carter and Dwight Howard don't believe it.

"I still like us [as favorites],'' Carter said defiantly Tuesday.

"I'm so ready to go. I'll do whatever they need, whatever the coaches ask me to do,'' Carter said. "This is a team with a lot of weapons. It's hard not to like us.''

Full Story: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/07/07/vince-carter-were-still-the-favorites/#cont

Imo...Orlando has downgraded so much. They lost Hedo's height and strength and now the Cavs can guard Carter better height wise with Delonte and Parker.

Also.....the key contributors to Orlando's success in the playoffs: Hedo, Lee, and Alston...all gone. Sure, Anderson will pick up Battie's minutes, but Orlando IMO lost too many role players in the backcourt and they lost a lot of their shot creaters in Lee and Hedo.

Boston and Cleveland only gained and Orlando was the only team that lost this offseason so I'm afraid you have to put them at the 3 by default. If Orlando can get Big Baby or Lee then I'd say who knows.

And Gortat's physicality is really gonna be missed. Now who's the legit backup for Dwight?

Orlando can still make and win the finals and by getting Vince they did get better in some areas....but for now I'll put them at the 3 seed because they lost the most this offseason of the big 3 in the East.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest