Jordan Hill's stats with Rockets

In 18 games, has 6.4 ppg, 5.1 rpg in 17.8 mpg on 49.4% shooting

Stats dont tell the entire story but man this guy is a talent, and although his shot blocking is only at 0.6, I think if he played 20 mpg every game, itd easily be over a 1, the guy can pretty much do anything for a big man, he has a pretty good hook, can finish decently at the rim, if he practices his jumpshot, and gets a better feel for the game, he has all-star potential.

He's athletic, but that's about it. He has a very thin frame and struggles with scoring in the paint. I don't see him becoming an all star at any point in his career. He has a slight chance of becoming a consistent starter for any team in the league one day, but I wouldn't go any farther than that.

He's athletic, but that's about it. He has a very thin frame and struggles with scoring in the paint. I don't see him becoming an all star at any point in his career. He has a slight chance of becoming a consistent starter for any team in the league one day, but I wouldn't go any farther than that.

Sounds like someone who hasnt seen him play,

He is athletic but he has a pretty good skill-set, is above average when it comes to shooting, post play, hook shots, etc. He can become an all-star, the way he has been playing so far is spectacular

And just for kicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id88UMqJ3mw

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Sounds like someone who hasnt seen him play,

He is athletic but he has a pretty good skill-set, is above average when it comes to shooting, post play, hook shots, etc. He can become an all-star, the way he has been playing so far is spectacular

And just for kicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id88UMqJ3mw

I've watched him play... he played very well against my team. His athleticism allows him to do many things and he can definitely expand on that, but I don't see much of a skill set for him. He can block shots, but his overall defensive game is not great. He isn't a reliable option down low either. He can work on it, but right now it is just too early to say. From what I'm seeing, I don't see all star potential. Not yet at least.

I've watched him play... he played very well against my team. His athleticism allows him to do many things and he can definitely expand on that, but I don't see much of a skill set for him. He can block shots, but his overall defensive game is not great. He isn't a reliable option down low either. He can work on it, but right now it is just too early to say. From what I'm seeing, I don't see all star potential. Not yet at least.

Jordan Hill is known coming out of college for his skillset, so you are wrong.

Jordan Hill came out of college known for his energy, rebounding ability and his potential. The last thing he was known for were his post moves or his talents in the offensive end. He has a good turnaround jumper and he's good at getting contact in the post, but other than that, his offensive skill set is pretty limited. He has only been playing basketball since his junior year of high school and he's already 22 years old. He's a freak athletically and that's what let him become a pretty good college player. His basketball IQ is nothing out of this world either. Reading this it seems like we have the second coming of Bill Russel in our hands.

Jordan Hill came out of college known for his energy, rebounding ability and his potential. The last thing he was known for were his post moves or his talents in the offensive end. He has a good turnaround jumper and he's good at getting contact in the post, but other than that, his offensive skill set is pretty limited. He has only been playing basketball since his junior year of high school and he's already 22 years old. He's a freak athletically and that's what let him become a pretty good college player. His basketball IQ is nothing out of this world either. Reading this it seems like we have the second coming of Bill Russel in our hands.

You forgot to mention his hook, hes actually decent defensively. His offensive skillset isnt limited at all either. He has looked great for us the games hes played and he has been given a chance to play in crunch time, thats pretty good for a rookie.

He's a good shot blocker, but his man defense is pretty poor to say the least. Once again, his low basketball IQ kicks into place.

Its not poor, I actually feel more comfortable with him defending other big guys than Chuck Hayes, his basketball IQ isnt low either.

Haha he played like his best game against the Wizards. (with the Knicks)

As a Knicks fan I'll tell you the kid has a [expletive]load of talent but he was probably the dumbest player I've ever seen. I do not mean he was dumb as in he didn't know how to spell elephant, I mean dumb as in no basketball IQ. He made the dumbest plays, took the worst shots, it was just shake your head play after shake your head play with the guy. That being said I felt if anyone could teach him how to play he could be a dominant big man, but it's going to take a LOT of teaching.

Its not poor, I actually feel more comfortable with him defending other big guys than Chuck Hayes, his basketball IQ isnt low either.

His basketball IQ is extremely low, I don't know if your just watching his highlights and thinking he's smart but he a very dumb player.

• Like 1

His basketball IQ is extremely low, I don't know if your just watching his highlights and thinking he's smart but he a very dumb player.

You are only saying that because you saw him play with the Knicks, even the best players would look like idiots playing for the Knicks.

Plus, watching highlights? I am a true Rockets fan, have watched every game for years, so no I dont watch highlights, I watch the entire game.