Flash's Mock Draft

Flash

1. New Jersey Nets: John Wall, PG, Kentucky - Perfect scenario for the Nets. They get the best player in the draft and a point guard with a ceiling higher than Derrick Rose. Evan Turner is also a possibility but Wall is the easy choice here.

2. Minnesota Timberwolves: Evan Turner, G, Ohio St. - The top wing player in the draft. He gives them a big scoring threat at the 2 and great size at 6'7. Probably the safest bet in the entire draft.

3. Golden State Warriors: Derrick Favors, F, Georgia Tech - Perfect fit for the Warriors. He runs the floor better than any other big man in this years class. Very inconsistent offensive game in the half court but he's got a ton of potential to become a dominant low post scorer in this league. He's going to benefit from playing with a playmaker like Steph Curry.

4. Washington Wizards: Wesley Johnson, F, Syracuse - Nice fit for Washington at the 3. He gives them a great all around player who could be a double double threat from that small forward spot. He's got limited upside but IMO he's a better option here than Al-Farouq Aminu. Johnson also looks like he may become one of the best defenders in this class.

5. Detroit Pistons: Demarcus Cousins, C, Kentucky - Surprisingly enough Cousins falls right to the Pistons at 5. IMO he could be the best player in this draft. He's got a terrific skillset for his size and is an absolute monster on the glass. The only question with Cousins is whether or not he's going to be there 100% mentally.

6. Sacramento Kings: Al-Farouq Aminu, F, Wake Forest - Great player who can play the 3 or the 4. Great ability to create his own shot and get to the line potentially at will. He's not a threat from 3 but can hurt you in many other ways. He's also got great defensive potential.

7. Philadelphia 76ers: Ed Davis, F, North Carolina - Outstanding prospect here for Philly. He may need a year to develop but his potential may be too good to pass up here. He is still filling out and once he does he's got the ability to become a monster in the post at both ends. He's going to need a lot of coaching but his measureables and athleticism are huge.

8. Utah Jazz: Greg Monroe, F, Georgetown - With Carlos Boozer likely gone after this season, the Jazz will go power forward with this pick and go for either Monroe or Patterson IMO. Another option would be to go after a wing player like Xavier Henry. Monroe is a gifted offensive player who is excellent at creating his own shot. He's got a very high basketball IQ and is easy to coach which would make Jerry Sloan's life a lot easier. The only knock on him is his commitment to defense and whether or not he's tough enough for the next level.

9. Indiana Pacers: Xavier Henry, G, Kansas - The Pacers need another wing player that can create other than Danny Granger. Henry is a very solid three point scorer but doesn't create his own shot as well as the top 2 guard in this class, Evan Turner. Henry is a very good passer and is very unselfish. I can also see Indy going big here maybe Patrick Patterson or Motiejunas.

10. LA Clippers: Jan Vesely, F, Czech Republic - The first international player taken in this draft Vesely has a great wingspan and possesses a ton of athleticism to go along with his 6'11 frame. He's physically ready it seems and could be one of the better international swingmen right off the bat. The Clippers need a small forward and although they're holding out hope for LeBron, Vesely seems like the more likely option.

11. New Orleans Hornets: James Anderson, G, Oklahoma St. - The Hornets desperately need someone who can score from the wing. Anderson is a terrific shooter, probably the best in this draft without question. Playing with a passer like Chris Paul who can get him open looks coming off of screens would do wonders for the Hornets offense.

12. Milwaukee Bucks: Patrick Patterson, F, Kentucky - Great talent at the 4 spot and a great compliment for Andrew Bogut. Patterson has an excellent touch around the basket and a high basketball IQ to go with it. He rarely makes mistakes and has great intangibles. He struggles on the defensive end but that can always be worked on.

13. Houston Rockets: Hassan Whiteside, C, Marshall - The Rockets are in a position where IMO they can take a project. With Yao's injury issues, no one knows how much longer he'll be able to play as there were rumors that this injury could be career ending. Why not take a young center who's got amazing potential to learn under Yao for a couple years. Whiteside is a monster shot blocker and has a raw, yet solid offensive game. He can score in different ways but the consistency is all that is lacking. With the right tutelage, he can be great.

14. Memphis Grizzlies: Donatas Motiejunas, F, Lithuania - Motiejunas is a skilled big man who can create his own shot and possesses an excellent touch. He may slip a little due to his lack of defensive ability and whether or not he'll be able to handle the physicality of the NBA game but his offensive ability will get him drafted in the lottery.

15. Miami Heat: Ekpe Udoh, F/C, Baylor - Udoh has a great skillet for someone his size. He's got a very long, athletic frame at 6'10 and can play either the 4 or the 5 for Miami. With Udonis Haslem's future in question, Udoh seems like a great option to come off the bench and contribute right off the bat. He's a very good finisher around the basket, shooting 66% from the field. He's got very good footwork and can create his own shot from 15 feet and in. Udoh's length also helps in the rebounding dept. where he's averaging 9 a game. IMO he's a steal at 15 for Miami.

16. Minnesota Timberwolves: Damion James, F, Texas - Another wing player for the Wolves but they need it. He's got the game to be a perfect role player in the NBA and the Wolves need to start building depth if they want to improve as a team. James is tremendous in transition and his aggressive play defensively helps him as a rebounder as well. He's a very solid pick at 16 for Minnesota.

17. Miami Heat: Eric Bledsoe, G, Kentucky - His numbers at UK don't seem all that high because he's playing with Wall, Cousins and Patterson but make no mistake, he's just as good a prospect as those guys. Bledsoe is a very physically gifted point guard with a lot of athleticism. He's got great penetrating ability and if he can run the offense effectively, he could be Miami's hope at PG.

18. Chicago Bulls: Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas- The Bulls need a threat in the low post. Aldrich's ceiling may not be the highest, but he's extremely efficient around the basket. He's got excellent hands and is never going to stop working. IMO he's the perfect pick for Chicago at 18.

19. San Antonio Spurs: Stanley Robinson, F, UCONN - Robinson gives the Spurs the ability to run with Tony Parker in transition where he is at his best. Robinson can be described in 2 words. Freak Athlete. His explosiveness is what makes him such an intriguing player. He's got great lateral quickness and is gonna be able to defend multiple positions as well as being efficient on offense. However, he's not great at creating his own shot which may hurt him down the line.

20. Portland Trailblazers: Devin Ebanks, F, West Virginia - Ebanks is a tremendous rebounder at his position thanks to his wingspan. He's not the most versatile offensive player but he can give you very solid numbers inside the arc. His name will be made defensively.

21. Oklahoma City Thunder: Larry Sanders, F, VCU - The Thunder have great scorers but if they want to be a contender in the coming years, they're gonna have to establish depth in their front court. Larry Sanders is a monster athlete who can run the floor with Westbrook and Durant when he's in the game. He can also play center but the 4 is where he'll be the most effective IMO.

22. Memphis Grizzlies: Paul George, F, Fresno St. - Rudy Gay is likely out in Memphis this offseason. Paul George is an excellent scorer averaging 20 a game at the college level. He's got great size at 6'8, 210 and has skills very similar to Rudy Gay. He needs to improve his shot off the dribble but he can be a very good pro.

23. Oklahoma City Thunder: Willie Warren, G, Oklahoma - Warren is a lot like James Harden but gives OKC some great depth in the back court. Warren is a tremendous three-point shooter and plays with a lot of aggressiveness. His only knock is his height and how it will limit him at the 2. However, I think he's a great fit for OKC.

24. Boston Celtics: Elliot Williams, G, Memphis - Williams has great offensive potential IMO. He's left handed and uses his left in most situations. He's a great pick here for Boston because they need help off the bench at the wing positions and Williams can give them just that. He'll also be able to learn from the likes of Paul Pierce and possibly Ray Allen.

25. Atlanta Hawks: Gani Lawal, F, Georgia Tech - Lawal gives Atlanta great depth up front with his solid frame and athletic ability. He's not the most skilled big guy out there but he gets the job done. His athleticism and active play makes him a great fit in Atlanta system.

26. Minnesota Timberwolves: Solomon Alabi, C, FSU - Alabi has great potential but also a high bust potential as well. He's got great defensive ability that would make him a great pick for the Wolves to go alongside Al Jefferson and Kevin Love. His offensive game is limited but he can only improve in that area.

27. New Jersey Nets: Daniel Orton, F/C, Kentucky - Orton is a very raw big man who was somewhat overshadowed by the presence of DeMarcus Cousins at UK this year. However, he can play at a very high level in the NBA. He's got a very big body that would give the Nets more size up front.

28. Orlando Magic: Quincy Pondexter, F, Washington - Pondexter is a very talented player with a lot of offensive ability. He can score in a multitude of different ways. Pondexter is good but not great in almost every facet of his game. That being said, he is absolutely worth a first rounder for Orlando.

29. Memphis Grizzlies: Avery Bradley, G, Texas - Extremely raw prospect who can play either the 1 or the 2. He's got great athletic ability and is excellent in catch and shoot situations and pulling up off the dribble. He'll start off on the bench but can become a very solid pro.

30. Washington Wizards: Sherron Collins, PG, Kansas - Collins is still very good although his late season performance left a lot of people wondering. His issues with conditioning are big but he's still a very good point guard who can do a lot for the Wizards at that position. I also think Gordon Hayward could be an option here.

• Like 4

I really like it from the Wolves point of view. It will depend on what Milicic will do considering that he may want to play for the Wolves after this season. He wants the starting job and 30 MPG. He has impressed me, but he needs to cut down on the fouls. Some people have been talking about a Jefferson + whatever pick for Prince + 5th pick. I'd love to get Whiteside or Cousins or Monroe with that pick.

Whiteside and Monroe are reaches at 5 IMO. Hassan has top pick talent but hasn't shown in and the Wolves IMO need at least 2 guys who can come in right away and contribute like Turner and James. If Cousins is there and you make a trade then I'd go Cousins.

Excellent mock Flash, love the Whiteside pick.

Thanks.

It's a great move for the Rockets if no one reaches for him before then. He's a reach no doubt, but Houston is in a position where they can reach on a project like him and let him develop for a year or 2. He's got ridiculous upside.

Nice job on the mock, man. Repped.

I like the first pick for Miami. The Heat lack depth and size at the big positions, especially if Udonis and/or JO choose to leave this summer, so getting a young big that can contribute off the bench would be a must.

I'm uncertain about the point guard pick, though. Not saying the Heat don't need a point guard, it's just that they already have Chalmers, Beverly coming back from Europe, and Arroyo also has a good chance of coming back. The Heat may also look to free agency to grab a veteran at PG to compliment the other free agent pieces the Heat will get.

Unless the Heat find a real stud at point that they can't refuse, I think it might be best to look for a project wing player. Like UD, we aren't sure whether Wright will return or not either. Plus Cook is garbage, Jones' game is limited, and Q-Rich is getting up there with age (and he could have a chance at leaving as well).

I really like it from the Wolves point of view. It will depend on what Milicic will do considering that he may want to play for the Wolves after this season. He wants the starting job and 30 MPG. He has impressed me, but he needs to cut down on the fouls. Some people have been talking about a Jefferson + whatever pick for Prince + 5th pick. I'd love to get Whiteside or Cousins or Monroe with that pick.

Watching the wolves play the Heat yesterday, I really like where their future is heading. Milicic and Jefferson seem to be a good pair and their size together on the floor can create mismatches (and did against the Heat... I'm glad Milicic only played for one quarter :lol:). Flynn has a lot of talent, Love is very solid, and Gomes isn't so bad either. All they need is a guy like Turner, and this team can go places. And if Rubio turns out to be as good as they say he is...

No way Philly would take Davis over Henry.

They would target a more sure thing than take on another Speights project at this point.

Philly's best bet is trading that pick. Henry isn't worth that pick at 7. He's got a lot of flaws in his game IMO. That, or you could find a center, maybe go for Aldrich early or reach on Whiteside.

Ed Davis is gonna be a great player.

I like the first pick for Miami. The Heat lack depth and size at the big positions, especially if Udonis and/or JO choose to leave this summer, so getting a young big that can contribute off the bench would be a must.

I'm uncertain about the point guard pick, though. Not saying the Heat don't need a point guard, it's just that they already have Chalmers, Beverly coming back from Europe, and Arroyo also has a good chance of coming back. The Heat may also look to free agency to grab a veteran at PG to compliment the other free agent pieces the Heat will get.

Unless the Heat find a real stud at point that they can't refuse, I think it might be best to look for a project wing player. Like UD, we aren't sure whether Wright will return or not either. Plus Cook is garbage, Jones' game is limited, and Q-Rich is getting up there with age (and he could have a chance at leaving as well).

Watching the wolves play the Heat yesterday, I really like where their future is heading. Milicic and Jefferson seem to be a good pair and their size together on the floor can create mismatches (and did against the Heat... I'm glad Milicic only played for one quarter :lol:). Flynn has a lot of talent, Love is very solid, and Gomes isn't so bad either. All they need is a guy like Turner, and this team can go places. And if Rubio turns out to be as good as they say he is...

The Udoh pick is a stretch because he can go anywhere in that round. Some mocks have him going 13 to Memphis. Bledsoe would be awesome here. He's got long arms, can defend and he can hit the three point shot. Not only that but if he can run our offense he and Wade in the back court could be special. Another guy who may fall to Miami is James Anderson or Xavier Henry. If they are there at 15 or 17, we gotta take one of them.

As for the Wolves Flynn is gonna be great. Turner will fit right in there at the 2 and be consistent from day 1. If they use their other 2 picks wisely, they'll be challenging for a playoff spot next year IMO.

Philly's best bet is trading that pick. Henry isn't worth that pick at 7. He's got a lot of flaws in his game IMO. That, or you could find a center, maybe go for Aldrich early or reach on Whiteside.

Ed Davis is gonna be a great player.

I know all about Davis..just don't think he'd do much at all as a Sixer.

I know all about Davis..just don't think he'd do much at all as a Sixer.

I think he can if given time. However, I see where you're coming from. IMO you guys should trade the pick. The need the Sixers have is at C and SG no? Unless they luck out and get all the way up to number 2 and get Turner, the crop of 2 guards this year sucks. Henry and Anderson aren't worth a top 10 pick even though I have Henry at 9. Both could very easily fall, especially after the tournament disaster.

You guys should trade with us. We've got the first pick outside the lottery and another one not so far behind. Building depth is big for Philly and 2 picks that early would be good for them.

Then again, that's me being a selfish homer lol.

What happened to Milicic any ways? Flynn is doing okay, he just needs to learn how to play the triangle. Clearly, 'Cuse never ran that, lol.

Edited by Lone Wolf

Most of those teams are set at PF minus Indy. Aminu is better than him IMO and the rest of those teams just don't fit.

Aminu is better than him? lol, I seriously like how you think you are a basketball guru when you evidently havent seen him play. But I see the Sixers probably taking him.

Aminu is better than him? lol, I seriously like how you think you are a basketball guru when you evidently havent seen him play. But I see the Sixers probably taking him.

If they don't wanna take a one year project in Ed Davis according to Smitty, why would they take another one in Motiejunas?

Edited by Flash

Aminu fits their squad much more IMO. They have Jason Thompson at PF and Motiejunas can't play the 3 or the 5. Aminu is a tremendous talent. I like how you're so quick to discount the American talent yet build up the European. Being taken 14 isn't a slight to the guy at all. His lack of defensive ability doesn't warrant a top 5 pick.

What happened to Milicic any ways? Flynn is doing okay, he just needs to learn how to play the triangle. Clearly, 'Cuse never ran that, lol.

Milicic was outstanding in the first quarter. Mainly because Beasley was guarding him (not that Beasley is THAT bad of a defender.. he was just really outsized). In the 2nd quarter, I think, Magloire posted up on Milicic and unintentionally hit him square in the jaw with his elbow. Darko didn't make it back on defense, or the rest of the game. Not sure what the injury reports are, but it looked like he should at least be back for next game.

Aminu fits their squad much more IMO. They have Jason Thompson at PF and Motiejunas can't play the 3 or the 5. Aminu is a tremendous talent. I like how you're so quick to discount the American talent yet build up the European. Being taken 14 isn't a slight to the guy at all. His lack of defensive ability doesn't warrant a top 5 pick.

You dont even know whether he has a defensive ability or not, and Jason Thompson is on the Kings.