#5 Butler vs. #1 Duke

Real Deal

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hoping Butler wins this.

I really hate the way the tournament turned out. I know I may sound like a sore looser, but the best team isn't going to win. The last few years the best teams have won, but that's not the case this year. It's not like I have anything against any of these teams either.

• Owner

Really hoping Butler wins this.

I really hate the way the tournament turned out. I know I may sound like a sore looser, but the best team isn't going to win. The last few years the best teams have won, but that's not the case this year. It's not like I have anything against any of these teams either.

I just don't get how the #1 overall seed was thrown into the toughest bracket, while Duke (who was #4, I believe) had the easiest. That's all that really gets me upset.

I just don't get how the #1 overall seed was thrown into the toughest bracket, while Duke (who was #4, I believe) had the easiest. That's all that really gets me upset.

Toughest? Meh, it wasnt that much of a difference, Kansas should have just beaten Northern Iowa

I agree with B. I'm not sure how Duke managed to get that abortion of a bracket. By far the easiest road I've ever seen to a title game without question. If only MSU has Lucas, they'd run away with it IMO.

I agree with B. I'm not sure how Duke managed to get that abortion of a bracket. By far the easiest road I've ever seen to a title game without question. If only MSU has Lucas, they'd run away with it IMO.

Who cares what they got? Everyone had WVU beating them and then Duke destroyed them by 21.

No, I think Duke will win but I could really care less who wins now, just as long as WVU didnt make it to finals.

Doesn't seem like it to me...

Dukeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Some haters are gonna be angry

• Owner

Toughest? Meh, it wasnt that much of a difference, Kansas should have just beaten Northern Iowa

Northern Iowa was actually one of the best defensive teams in the nation (read top three somewhere). And there was a huge difference in the brackets, even for Syracuse and Memphis, compared to Duke. If any team was going to beat Duke on that side, it would've been Louisville, but they lost in the first round.

Then, in the Final Four, it would've been Memphis, but...well, you already know.

So now they play Butler in the championship game? While Butler has been a good team, playing the Jayhawks or the Orange would've been a much tougher ride for Duke.

Northern Iowa was actually one of the best defensive teams in the nation (read top three somewhere). And there was a huge difference in the brackets, even for Syracuse and Memphis, compared to Duke. If any team was going to beat Duke on that side, it would've been Louisville, but they lost in the first round.

Then, in the Final Four, it would've been Memphis, but...well, you already know.

So now they play Butler in the championship game? While Butler has been a good team, playing the Jayhawks or the Orange would've been a much tougher ride for Duke.

Definitely, but Duke didnt choose, it wasnt their fault teams like Louisville lost early, same with Villanova, and Kentucky.

• Owner

Definitely, but Duke didnt choose, it wasnt their fault teams like Louisville lost early, same with Villanova, and Kentucky.

LOL, I'm not blaming Duke at all. I'm just upset that KU worked like hell to get that #1 overall, yet it gave them the toughest road to the championship.

As far as me rooting against Duke, I really don't have a preference. I don't care for Duke, never rooted for Butler until they played K-State. However, since Butler is the lesser of two evils and possibly one of the bigger underdogs in the tourney in quite some time, I'm going to pull for them. No other reason, really.

I'm rooting for Duke actually, but only because Nolan Smith's story is incredible. I've become a big fan of his over the course of this season. The rest of that team can DIAF.

I could care less who won this game. I'm kind of hoping Butler does since they have made it so far and since they are the #5 seed but it's going to be tough, especially if Duke plays like they did against West Virginia.