Apple Store goes into lockdown when man wants to buy Macbook

Lkr

or she felt that he was going to run off with the merchandise, and better be safe than sorry. She did the right thing pulling the trigger if she felt that he was going to steal. What was she going to do run after him and try to tackle him after the start running with the stuff. As I said before no one is wrong here the clerk, the store, or the customer. This is a prime example of a small thing being being blow out of proportion.

There was security close enough to help at any sign of a finger to the ear. They would've gotten him before he ran off. I'm not saying that it's some monumental racist move either. The guy deserved an apology after that because the customer service lady caused blatant dissatisfaction. And i understand that the apology was probably left out of the guy's little video blog, but it's something that no valued customer should go through even if it's routine. It really is offensive.

lol wow whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? This thread scares me

well apparently if someone is black, then it is okay to suspect them for stealing something

• Owner

I'm not sure if you guys are actually listening to the important parts of the video, but he stated that he was in a rush, and he needed the laptop now.

Jessica (my girlfriend) was told when she worked at Hibbett Sports (a sporting good store) to take caution when customers are in a hurry to obtain something.

Because he was also at the register, I think it was the employees realizing there could have been a problem, because...

1) the girl said "forerunner" AFTER the guy stated that he was in a rush and wanted the laptop immediately, and

2) he probably was in fact rushing, and maybe a bit more impatient than what he claimed in the video he made

So, I'm not buying racism here.

I'm not sure if you guys are actually listening to the important parts of the video, but he stated that he was in a rush, and he needed the laptop now.

Jessica (my girlfriend) was told when she worked at Hibbett Sports (a sporting good store) to take caution when customers are in a hurry to obtain something.

Because he was also at the register, I think it was the employees realizing there could have been a problem, because...

1) the girl said "forerunner" AFTER the guy stated that he was in a rush and wanted the laptop immediately, and

2) he probably was in fact rushing, and maybe a bit more impatient than what he claimed in the video he made

If it had been a white guy, wearing a suit and everything, and he said he was in a hurry, do you think there would have been as much 'precautionary' measures taken?

If it had been a white guy, wearing a suit and everything, and he said he was in a hurry, do you think there would have been as much 'precautionary' measures taken?

I love how you associate "white guy" and "wearing a suit and everything".

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/thread-delivers.jpg

Oh...and this is definitely not racism. Why does the race card have to even be played here?

I love how you associate "white guy" and "wearing a suit and everything".

i'm using a stereotype, mainly because the man was dressed in a basketball jersey and shorts, another stereotype.

• Owner

Who knows? If he was 5'1" and 110 pounds, 13 years old, with glasses, a suit and pocket-protector, and black...do you think this would've happened?

If it was a guy with the size and facial features of Brock Lesnar, and same skin color, with a tank top on?

If you see a white guy walking down the alley, and he's wearing a hoodie and he's a foot taller than you and about 100 pounds heavier, and it's midnight, do you brush it off because he's white, or do you keep an eye on him?

Skin color doesn't make a difference.

Here's a really good question to ask yourself, though: how many black guys shop at that particular Apple store? I'm sure he's not the only one. Do you think they do this every time?

Size, weight, facial expressions, tone, it all plays a part in someone taking caution. He seems to be a big guy, and a big guy in a hurry (and probably demanding the employee to hurry) is a problem.

• Like 2

i'm using a stereotype, mainly because the man was dressed in a basketball jersey and shorts, another stereotype.

That's because he was wearing a basketball jersey and shorts. When you said "what if it was a white guy...", you changed the scenario by changing his appearance apart from his skin color. If any other guy that was white, black, or blue was dressed the same way, looked big and tough the same way, and was in a hurry the same way, I'm sure the store would have taken caution the same way.

Edited by Poe

It's possible they thought he was going to rob the place, since he was in such a hurry. Most stores probably don't expect you to just rush in and demand things. I think they we're probably being lazy and not expecting him to be so forward. But I don't think this has anything to do with race. They were taking precautionary measures. We live in some hard economic times, so being cautious isn't a bad thing... you always hear about violence now. Sorry if the guy felt insulted but I'm sure if anybody would have came in acting like that they probably would have taken the same approach.

There was security close enough to help at any sign of a finger to the ear. They would've gotten him before he ran off. I'm not saying that it's some monumental racist move either. The guy deserved an apology after that because the customer service lady caused blatant dissatisfaction. And i understand that the apology was probably left out of the guy's little video blog, but it's something that no valued customer should go through even if it's routine. It really is offensive.

It is offensive yes, but it is in no was rasism (lol that is what you have been argueing with me about uptill now) taking measures for safely over rule offensive any day.

Thank you.