Chuck Swirsky: Anybody Else Miss Him?

I was just watching a Boston-Toronto game from back in 06-07 and I couldn't help but remember how awesome of a commentator Swirsky was. I know that was a complete homer at times, but you could tell that he genuinely cared about this team and loved it. The passion that he brought to the games was absolutely second to none.

I admit that I didn't particularly care too much for Swirsky when he was with the team, but after watching that game and comparing him to Matt Devlin, I can't help but wish that he never left the team.

Anybody else miss this guy?

http://dinonationblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/chuck-in-red.jpg

On a different, somewhat unrelated note, when watching that game I couldn't help but remember how much I loved that 06-07 Raptor team as well (2nd only to the 2001 Raptors). Yeah, they only won the Atlantic Division because of how weak the East was that season, and yeah, they weren't particularly talented, but I can only wish that the Raptors had players like Anthony Parker, TJ Ford (that version, not the selfish version he became after Horford nearly decapitated him), a starting caliber Rasho Nesterovic and, last but not least, Jorge Garbajosa. Could you imagine how much better this team would be right now if we replaced players like Jose Calderon, Hedo Turkoglu and Antoine Wright with players like Ford, Garbajosa and Parker, players who actually played with heart?

Few things

- Lol at the Juan Dixon jersey behind his head

- I miss him too, though i don't mind Devlin too much

- Imagine if Jorge does not get hurt, that could have changed a few things

- Imagine if Al Horford doesn't hurt TJ

Sad days. Sad Days.

Ball.

A lot of annoying things have happened to screw this franchise over in recent years tbh (Salmons, Garbo, TJ, winning the lotto messed us up too lol, imagine we picked at 5?).... and about Swirsky I read somewhere (maybe here?) that BC ran him out of town because he wanted a more professional and unbiased play by play man for the Raptors. He gave him that season to find a new job, then he was gone.

But I do miss TJ Ford from the 47 win team, he is exactly the kind of PG you need with all the jumpshooters we have/had at the time. Ford was my favourite Raptor we had at the time, ya him launching contested 18 footers at times was annoying but he got into the paint and got us so many open looks from downtown for AP and others.

Also I miss Mo-Pete and Milt Palacio. On a side note, the day our season is pretty much announced over this is what you think about :lol:

Salami and cheese will forever live on.

Edited by travesy3

Chuck was a beast...dude brought so much emotion into the game.

I distinctly remember the Raps were losing by 10 with like 20 secs to go..and their consecutive games with atleast 1 three was in danger, and I think it was Garbajosa who threw up a three and made it with a couple seconds to go and Chuck was going nuts..

Good times..I used to live in London ON, so dont get confused with me living in Colombia lol.

Hahaha I loved Chuck! I met him a couple times, he's a real nice dude, knows a [expletive] ton about basketball outside of the Raptors. I miss him, but Doc and I went to the Bulls/Raps a couple months back and Chuck was there and they had a ovation for him haha.