Chris Bosh Likely Out For Season

I was watching TSN and they said that the doctor who performed Bosh's surgery has to wait 7-10 days before being able to re-examine the injury and it was reported that Bosh will likely miss the rest of the season.

11/12th pick, here come the Raptors.

I'll try and post a link to an article or something as soon as I can.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

You know whats gonna happen now.

All four of us are on the draft bandwagon which means... we will make the playoffs.

Part of me still wants the Raptors to make the playoffs just so that they pay off their pick debt right away. I'm not really too impressed with this draft outside of the top 8 or so, and the Raptors aren't going to be getting a pick any higher than 12th by the looks of things. Part of me still think that it would be better off just giving the Heat the Raptors pick this season and get it over and done with.

I coulndn't imagine how terrible it would be if the Raptors lost Bosh this summer and missed out on the playoffs for the next 5 years which resulted in the Heat getting a pick in the top 8 at least.

I'll take the pick and the thought of the 5 years over getting in and getting embarrassed. Both cases we likely lose Bosh, at least in one we add another youthful player with Jack, Weems, Bargnani and DeMar

Also I won't lie, the idea that Cole or X could still be on the board when we pick does factor into that.

I want to keep the pick because it is an asset. Not to mention, we miss the playoffs now, we can attribute it to injuries and not our suckiness.

At the draft, I believe our expirings, Demar, Sonny, and our lotto should be enough to land us a really good piece in one last attempt to convince Bosh to stay. Of course we only make this move if Bosh approves and says that it makes us good enough.

If Bosh says he is gone then at least adding a lotto pick is better than getting swept in the first round and losing Bosh anyways. I honestly think right now keeping the pick and using it as an asset in a trade is a better chance of keeping Bosh than a first round sweep.

Jamison was dealt for straight expirings, there has to be some wing out there that we can get for expirings and two good prospects, Demar and our lotto, isn't there?

Maybe I am just in denial idk, I am having a hard time dealing with the team we might be looking at next year, my gut tells me that if we lose Bosh BC will make a deal that will make us win 35 games next year instead of 20 games, and get us 12th pick instead of a top 3 pick <_<

IMO its better if you guys pay off the debt right away. If Bosh leaves then that pick will be top 7-10 guaranteed.

What happens if the Raptors are in the lotto this year and the next and Toronto enters the 2012 season with an unprotected pick and no Bosh?

We can play the If game all day. But sorry, we can't predict the future, I'll worry about what I want now. Also, why do people always say IMO, we knows it's your opinion, it changes nothing, leave it out.

IMO its better if you guys pay off the debt right away. If Bosh leaves then that pick will be top 7-10 guaranteed.

What happens if the Raptors are in the lotto this year and the next and Toronto enters the 2012 season with an unprotected pick and no Bosh?

The pick is lottery protected until 2015, but even then, there are definitely valid reasons for wanting to pay the debt right away, or hoping that you have an asset to use during the draft in order to possibly entice Bosh to stay with the team.

It depends on your stance on whether or not Bosh will stay with the team. If you think that Bosh will stay then it could be best to just pay the debt off right away so that you don't have any restrictions, other than the bad contracts of Turkoglu, Calderon and Bargnani, heading forward. It could also be best if you keep your pick this year in hopes of packaging it, along with other assets, for a bonafide wing to give Bosh the legit 2nd option that he has never had.

Personally, I just want to get the debt paid right away and have it over and done with. I can see why somebody would want to be able to keep the pick though.

We can play the If game all day. But sorry, we can't predict the future, I'll worry about what I want now. Also, why do people always say IMO, we knows it's your opinion, it changes nothing, leave it out.

Well, it's not like there is anything better to talk about right now.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Bit of an update on Bosh. It isn't much, but I figured I'd post it anyways.

Raptors head coach Jay Triano is keeping in touch with Chris Bosh through text messages and said his injury "seems pretty painful."

Bosh suffered a displaced nasal fracture in Tuesday's contest against Cleveland and will be out indefinitely.

The five time all-star did not travel with the team to Atlanta. He stayed at home in order to rest and is too sore to even workout.

"There's not a lot of movement in his life right now," said Triano. "It was just one of those things; he was at the wrong place at the wrong time."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65881/20100409/bosh_still_coping_with_injury/

• Owner

If Raptors get #1, they'll pick that Euro big... lmao. Have fun with that :)

If any team picked anyone else in the draft over Wall, or even Turner, they should just sell their franchise.

Word is that there are a couple of teams that would select Cousins at #1. Something makes me think the Raptors is one of them, and it may be their way of replacing Bosh if they learn that he's leaving.

people act like we made the out of the blue pick taking Bargs, he was on the top of many mocks, should we have taken Roy? Yes. Aldridge or Gay? Yes. Would anyone else have taken Roy? No, Aldridge and Gay? Probably, would Aldridge and Gay re-sign here after their 4th year? Obviously our team didn't think so, they took the guy who they thought would be best for us long term.

If Wall and Turner said they didn't want to play here why would be choose them? (just a hypothetical) We would select the best player available who we believed would be committed to us long term.

IIRC, Bosh pushed for LMA. I bet both would stay. I can't remember the hype but it was definitely like the Rose situation where Beasley was hyped up all year and then all of a sudden he hopped over because of the team that was drafting. I'm not sure if a LOT of the teams would have taken Rose over Beasley had it weren't for Rose being a Chicago native.

IIRC, Bosh pushed for LMA. I bet both would stay. I can't remember the hype but it was definitely like the Rose situation where Beasley was hyped up all year and then all of a sudden he hopped over because of the team that was drafting. I'm not sure if a LOT of the teams would have taken Rose over Beasley had it weren't for Rose being a Chicago native.

Yeah Bosh did push for Aldridge, but management figured that the two of them were way too similar to work out, and even though I'm not much of a fan of Bargnani's, I have to agree with them. Aldridge could definitely be conisdered a worse fit beside Bosh than Bargnani is. Even though Bargnani doesn't play in the low post on offense and isn't a good rebounder or defender, its not like Aldridge is any of those things either. At least with Bargnani he gives Bosh more space due to him standing outside the 3 point line fairly often on offense. With Aldridge, you would have another high post big man like Bosh who likes to face up and work 15 feet or so away from the basket. I don't think that those two would work all that well.

I'm not saying that you said he would be a better fit or anything.

I don't hate the fact that they took Bargnani (I was really hoping for Rudy Gay) because the fact of the matter is that it was either Bargnani, Aldridge, Gay or Thomas (if I remember correctly) who were talked about as possible number 1 picks. Other than Gay, I think that Bargnani was the best choice for Toronto with the similarities between Bosh and Aldridge and Thomas being way too raw. That was just a terrible draft for the Raptors to get the number one pick in.

Anyways, here is the latest on Bosh:

- Chris Bosh is expected to get the packing out of his nose today. The original time line for re-assessment was 7-10 days, so if all remains on point, he could get looked at by doctors as early as Wednesday. He may show up this evening, but nothing is for certain as he’s been laying low while on the mend.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nba/2010/04/11/shootaround-bulls-raps/