Rockets Plan To Re-Sign Scola

The Rockets plan to re-sign forward Luis Scola this summer.

"He will be back," general manager Daryl Morey said.

Morey added that Houston owner Leslie Alexander wants Scola back as well.

"Leslie gave us the resources and said whatever it takes," Morey said. "He's back"

The forward was happy to hear the general manager's comments.

"I was happy (to hear Morey's comments)," Scola said. "I know they like me. I know they want me to stay. But the process is not that simple. It's not they want me to stay, I want to stay, it's done. I'm optimistic. But just like they will do whatever they have to do, I will probably do what I have to do.

"I want to be here. I like Houston. But there are a lot of things to talk about. I'm a professional. I've been playing around the world. I'll do whatever I have to do. I want to be in Houston and I want to be in the NBA, but if I have to go, I'll go to another team in the NBA or another team around the world."

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65876/20100409/rockets_plan_to_re_sign_scola/

He has been great for them this year. But this might be a problem if they want to land another big like Bosh or Amare. Could they have a rotation of Bosh-Yao-Scola? That would be dominant, but im not sure Scola would agree to obviously come off the bench.

He has been great for them this year. But this might be a problem if they want to land another big like Bosh or Amare. Could they have a rotation of Bosh-Yao-Scola? That would be dominant, but im not sure Scola would agree to obviously come off the bench.

We dont have enough money to land a big like Bosh or Amare

PG-Brooks

SG-Martin

SF-Ariza

PF-Scola

C-Yao

Looks good enough for me.

For the playoffs? Yes. For the championship? No.

For the ring? You never know, but we wont be a 1st round exit with that kind of team, 2nd round/WCF is what i'd see, but with the Lakers/Spurs/Mavs/Suns getting old, you never know.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

For the ring? You never know, but we wont be a 1st round exit with that kind of layup, 2nd round/WCF is what i'd see, but with the Lakers/Spurs/Mavs/Suns getting old, you never know.

In terms of competition in the west, the Lakers will be in position to win a championship for at least 2 or 3 more years. The Mavs will be in position to contend for another couple years, then their salaries will expire and they can rebuild. I can see what you mean about the Spurs and Suns, though. Also, don't forget about some of the younger teams like the Blazers, and especially the Thunder.

Thing about the core that you're showing, the 2nd round is reachable...maybe, but I don't see them going much farther past that. Yao is very injury prone cause of his size, plus we don't know how well or poorly he'll play after sitting out for over a year. And while the Rockets do have a lot of depth and a lot of good solid players, they don't have enough top level players to go much farther than the 2nd round, let alone win a championship.

In terms of competition in the west, the Lakers will be in position to win a championship for at least 2 or 3 more years. The Mavs will be in position to contend for another couple years, then their salaries will expire and they can rebuild. I can see what you mean about the Spurs and Suns, though. Also, don't forget about some of the younger teams like the Blazers, and especially the Thunder.

Thing about the core that you're showing, the 2nd round is reachable...maybe, but I don't see them going much farther past that. Yao is very injury prone cause of his size, plus we don't know how well or poorly he'll play after sitting out for over a year. And while the Rockets do have a lot of depth and a lot of good solid players, they don't have enough top level players to go much farther than the 2nd round, let alone win a championship.

Definitely agree about the Lakers, but they arent exactly young, Fisher is getting old, Kobe is getting old, Artest is getting old and Pau is almost 30, Mavericks? I dont know, Jason Kidd isnt exactly young and his increased level of play has been VERY valuable to the Mavericks, but I believe the Rockets next year can be AS good as them. Thunder and Blazers are least of my worries, those 2 teams are ones Rockets would have no problem with in the playoffs.

When it comes to Yao, if he plays 30 mpg, no more, no less, he'll play an entire season including playoff, when he begins to play more than 34 minutes a game, he gets injured, a guy his size shouldn't be playing so much, especially for an entire season. Yao also will bounce back after sitting out for a year, he will never lose his jumpshot and hookshot, and thats all he needs to destroy you.

Rockets can go past 2nd round, but getting to finals will be a problem, we have everything, good defense, some experience, many options,a good young bench who can attack (and change the style of play to fast-break, which can easily bother a lot of teams), i'd also like to mention that we have Rick Adelman.