Redskins To Package Portis, Haynesworth In Deal?

It might be tough for the Redskins to deal defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth and his huge contract alone, so Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post suggests that they add running back Clinton Portis to the equation.

"One way a trade of Haynesworth might possibly work now is if the Redskins – akin to trades in the NBA -- find a team to dump another bad contract or two along with Haynesworth to ease their blow. The obvious candidate here is Clinton Portis, who has $6.43M of his $7.2M salary guaranteed for 2010," Brandt writes.

"In this scenario, the Redskins would be looking for a trade partner to take on Haynesworth’s deal and Portis’ deal to cushion the impact of the $32M paid to Haynesworth. Again, unlikely, but worth a shot."

Read more: http://www.realgmfootball.com/src_wiretap_archives/16578/20100409/redskins_to_package_portis_haynesworth_in_deal/#ixzz0kdedPRYQ

prob his attitude, like him not showing up for shannhan practice.

I'm fine with him privately practicing.

A lot is going to be on him to be prepared for the season considering that by doing this, he's putting the bulls eye on himself. But, I do think he wants to prove that he's worth the contract he signed, and even though I think he had a solid season last year, I can see the frustration in him, that he expects better of himself.

Haynesworth needs to make sure he's doing what he needs to do to take care of business. If he does that, we are going to forget about this.