Melo blacks out vs. Thunder

Real Deal

• Owner

Didn't see this part of the game, I guess...

Before he blacked out, the last thing Carmelo Anthony remembered was being booed by Oklahoma City fans as he lay on his back on the Ford Center floor.

"When I first fell I was (conscious) and then I just went out. I don`t remember anything but waking up and seeing a bunch of people," Anthony said.

http://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci_14842282#axzz0kbFqMjzw

While Carmelo was on the deck the Nuggets kept playing at the other end of the court, then J.R. Smith grabbed a rebound and steamed toward the basket, stepping right past the sprawled Anthony in the process. Anthony has no recollection of what happened from the time he hit the floor until he was walking off the court. He's only heard about it from teasing teammates and doesn't want to see a replay.

Those who watched the whole thing unfold still can't believe it.

"I couldn't believe J.R. would try to go for the layup," said Chauncey Billups, who was on the bench at the time. "I was like, 'Dude, are you serious? Call timeout man, you see the dude ain't move. What in the world are you thinking about?'"

"It says a lot about Melo to be laying out like that and come back in and hit two clutch free throws," Martin said.

Doesn't the play say a lot about J.R. Smith, he was asked.

"Yeah, whatever," Martin said.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-100408/daily-dime

In the heat of battle its hard to pay attention to anything but playing the game. I'm pretty sure if J.R. knew for certain Carmelo was hurt he would have done all he could to help.

I hope Carmelo is ok, stop trying to trash Smith. People are so cynical it makes me sick.

My take is...

Believe it or not, Melo is much more of a drama queen than J.R.

So when that happened, I thought he was like a kid sulking sprawled on the floor because his mom wouldn't let him play outside... I thought it's pretty bad someone would do that, costing the team just because he didn't get a call (he hadn't been getting any call all night, he had not been getting to the line his usual average 9 trips per in like the last 9-10 games, because... he kept jacking perimeter shots and not taking it to the rim). If you watch Nuggets for a whole season like I do, then you'll know Melo would come out 5-10 games every season looking just like a spoiled moody kid being forced to do something he doesn't want... like doing homework. Laziness on the defensive end, not fighting for positions, just showing total lack of interest in what's going on at hand (like showing up to work fully knowing he's being paid to do so), basically acting like a complete diva. I think in a sense, he is worse than a diva, because you can still please a diva... when Melo is being a diva, nothing you do can please him. He's the ultimate diva. The former queen T-Mac would drop his jaw. The whole team and unbiased fan base know this.

Of course, I'm a team fan, so I'm happy when he gives us 30 pts and plays mad dog motivated. But when one of those "diva" nights happens, I swear I wanna trash my TV. He hurts the team worse than playing a team consisting of Kobe Bryant clones.

So when it happened I guess me and J.R. were thinking the same thing: "it's one of those diva nights!!" and Melo playing possum. So J.R. kept on playing... I would have. But then I realized he blacked out, IF it was true, then I feel bad about the whole thing... it's a big if though.

Say what you want about J.R. being a headcase, whining to refs (although he's done it a lot less this season), jacking up questionable shots, he wouldn't act like a diva and costing the team possessions.

This is not a stab at Melo, it's just the truth, and I'm a team fan first... Point is, I just hope it was not a diva act. You just got a scoop from an insider :lol:

Edited by SnakefromHell

Saw the thing again, after the missed layup by J.R., the team was like, "are you crazy J.R.? Call TO!" Then J.R. (in response to why he didn't call a TO) motioned with his hand toward Melo, twice, as if to say, "I don't know why he's lying on the floor when we're hustling back on the defensive end busting our [expletive]... Here he is lying on the floor because he didn't get a call, and we were playing 4 on 5. I don't think there's anything wrong with him. He's just being a spoiled kid"

It's obvious J.R. thought Melo was playing possum, sulking he didn't get a call... I still suspect Melo did that, but obviously you can come out less of a douche if you say you black out... I just hope it's really a black out... so it's not some drama that prolongs to the postseason.

Edited by SnakefromHell