Who owns a Mac? (iChat question)

JWaLL

Well I got a Macbook as a recent present, and it's been amazing so far. I just recently decided to install iChat, and have linked it to my AIM account. However, whenever I click on the iChat icon, a small thing that looks like the top of a window pops up, but there is no buddy list or a way to add a buddy. I assumed buddies from my AIM buddy list would have been added automatically since my account is linked to it. Anybody know how to fix this?

Adium is not only the best IM client, but the best OS X app. You're missing out on a ton by settling for iChat.

Is that just an alternative to iChat? This [expletive] isn't working for me so I'll take anything else.

Can you talk to iChat people on Adium? If so I'll get it, it's one of the only ways I have in keeping touch with my friends going off to college at far away places, and a lot of them got Macs and their iChat works just fine.

Can you talk to iChat people on Adium? If so I'll get it, it's one of the only ways I have in keeping touch with my friends going off to college at far away places, and a lot of them got Macs and their iChat works just fine.

What do you mean? iChat and Adium are the same, IM programs. They both utilize the service. Are you talking about AIM, MSN, Yahoo? Cause they both support those, Adium is just nicer.

What do you mean? iChat and Adium are the same, IM programs. They both utilize the service. Are you talking about AIM, MSN, Yahoo? Cause they both support those, Adium is just nicer.

I was just making sure they function with each other. So why would Macs offer iChat and not Adium?

By the way I just downloaded it, but again, my buddy list wasn't added to it. Is there a way to add it?

I was just making sure they function with each other. So why would Macs offer iChat and not Adium?

By the way I just downloaded it, but again, my buddy list wasn't added to it. Is there a way to add it?

iChat is Mac software. Adium is third party, both are the same. Just minor differences in functionality and features.

Not sure what is happening with your buddy list, when you manage your accounts with Adium it should automatically import your contacts via login/pw.