Roy tears meniscus, hopes to avoid surgery

http://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/nba/players/65/3027.jpg

Roy hopes to avoid surgery until after season

---------

Brandon Roy will miss the Blazers' final two regular season games with a slightly torn meniscus in his right knee -- he will try to return during the playoffs, but beat writer Jason Quick says it would take a "remarkable" recovery.

Roy will eventually need surgery, but considering Portland will face either the #1 or #2 seed they can't afford to have their MVP in street clothes. Expect backup swingman Rudy Fernandez to start until (or unless) Roy is healthy enough to suit up.

---

• Owner
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy has a torn meniscus in his right knee and his status for the playoffs is uncertain.

Roy sat out Monday night's game against the Oklahoma City Thunder and will miss Wednesday's regular season finale against Golden State.

He will require surgery and will be out from four to six weeks. But he said he may try to play with the injury in the playoffs because doctors told him it cannot get worse.

Roy is the Blazers' leading scorer with 21.8 points per game. He injured his knee on Sunday when the Blazers played at the Lakers.

The Blazers have clinched a spot in the playoffs, but their opponent for the first round has yet to be determined.

ESPN.com

Damn that sucks, it did not look bad enough the tear his meniscus but I guess so. Injuries have been the story all year for the Blazers, I cant believe they still managed to make the playoffs. Better luck next year, hopefully they can stay healthy and show what they are made of.