Opinion ignored because of fan base?

JWaLL

I want everyone's honest opinion on this. In your mind, do you value the opinion of a person less if they are associated with a weak fan base such as the Wizards? On other sites I notice that fans of the Nets, Timberwolves, Wizards, Pacers, and other weaker teams in the NBA have their opinions and posts often ignored or passed up, even if they make a great point. I'm not saying it happens a lot here, but I'm curious if it has any effect because some people admitted it on the other boards. In the past on this forum someone made a comment saying I have no room to talk because I am associated with the Wizards.

I'm just curious because I had just remembered being told that and was wondering if it truly applied to anyone else, especially with the Wizards being the biggest disgrace in the league. My fan base doesn't takes away from my overall knowledge of the league.

Not really. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here so fan base really doesn't have a bearing on if people respond or not.

That may apply to you. Many have openly admitted that it plays a factor in how much focus they will give that person's post. But I'm glad fan base isn't a concern to you.

Edited by Bulletproof

Eh, I don't take into consideration what team a poster is a fan of, it has nothing to do with how smart they are.

Some of the smartest posters I've ever posted with are Laker fans, Wizards fans, Raptors fans, etc. They all support different teams, but are great posters.

I respect everyone regardless of who they support, (unless your a Cavs fan ;)

If anything, I think that Laker fans' voices seem smaller since there's a lot of us. As for teams that are in the minority, you represent your team so it's assumed that you know your team a lot more than I do. The reason why I come here is because I want to know basketball in all perspectives, not just the Laker side.

The only time ill ever discredit a fan base opinion is if it's on his own or her own team and I truly think it's just bias talking, or if it's a Sox fan positing about about the Yankees.

I'll agree with that. It drives me crazy how most Wizards fans are riding all over Blatche thinking he's going to be a superstar one day, when the chances are slim to none. They say things like "with an attitude and motive change he'll be a star," but we all know changes like that don't come easily. I like to consider myself a pretty unbiased fan. I'll admit we suck when we do.

• Owner

I actually value it more because people who support the better teams tend to be less knowledgeable

That's actually incorrect, the way you said it.

There are many more who support the better teams, which means there are more biased fans that are ignorant to the game.

Doesn't mean that the people who support them have less knowledge, there are just more that do.

Well, if the Heat get Amar'e and win the championship next year, I guess that will make me, Flash, SRV, and Clutch the smartest people on this forum. Glad I didn't join during the Heat's tank year, I must have been totally clueless then.

That's actually incorrect, the way you said it.

There are many more who support the better teams, which means there are more biased fans that are ignorant to the game.

Doesn't mean that the people who support them have less knowledge, there are just more that do.

When I see supporters of some teams, the ones who support below average teams have usually more smarter fans, I wouldnt disregard any of Built Ford Tough's posts because he supports the Raptors (sorry brah LOL)

Well, if the Heat get Amar'e and win the championship next year, I guess that will make me, Flash, SRV, and Clutch the smartest people on this forum. Glad I didn't join during the Heat's tank year, I must have been totally clueless then.

You wont win a championship because you need defense and Amare has none, maybe you are still clueless :lol:

I don't think knowledge of the individual really has any direct corrolation with team association.

It doesn't, it's a psychological thing. Some fans of great teams such as the Lakers or Cavs, browsing forums knowing that they are associated with the best, would psychologically rank themselves higher than a fan of a much lower fan base, thinking they have room to gloat and thus making them feel more important than others. Not saying anyone in particular here does that, but I have seen it and I have been targeted as being a "lesser" powered member because of who I root for.