Should I buy a Macbook?

Vinyard

and the lowest end one is still a thousand dollars

Well, considering I have always had PCs in the past and have always had problems, I consider it to be worth it.

lol i think if ur gonna be a game designer they tell you what computer u need for college bro, i'm talkin about writing papers and doing research for stuff like business and finance.

business and finance does not mean college. we don't know what OP is majoring in. Writing papers and doing research is just as easy on a PC that is $600 less. And you'll get more hard drive space and ram out of the box with that PC. You can also replace a battery on a PC laptop if it dies pretty easily...

Well, considering I have always had PCs in the past and have always had problems, I consider it to be worth it.

define problems. the problem is people can't be bothered to enable automatic updates, which keep the computer working. even on a mac you have to use their updates or you can fall victim to security problems

define problems. the problem is people can't be bothered to enable automatic updates, which keep the computer working. even on a mac you have to use their updates or you can fall victim to security problems

Computers crashing and being un-repairable after a year and a half or so goes down as a problem in my book. And it was multiple computers. So I had the money to spend on a low-end MacBook and consider it one of the better investments I have made. I really don't see why I should have to justify it any farther, I am just a Mac person. If you are more into PCs all the power to you.

For all of the money it would have costed, I decided to go with a Mac. Everyone else in my family has used Macs and loved them, so I tried one out and love it as well. Like I said, I have no reason to justify it any farther. I know nothing about computers, I just know that I like the feel to this Mac a hell of a lot more than I ever liked any of my PCs, and I have yet to have any problems.

I agree with Lkr, if all you're going to be doing on it is web browsing, videos, music, etc. just go with a reliable laptop for a much cheaper price.

I've had my laptop for over three and a half now, and still no problems. My sister on the other hand has a Macbook (she bought it the same time I bought my laptop) and she's had to send it in for repairs multiple times.

Edited by OldChili

Go with pc, macs are overpriced.

I still have a pc from 2000 that's still working fine.

You will save yourself money

The belief that macs cannot get viruses is false.

Download avast anti virus and you will be fine for pc.

You can get a badass pc laptop for 1000$ if you really wanted too spend that much, compared to the macbook.

You will thank me later.

The belief that macs cannot get viruses is false.

where is ur proof? i use to own pcs and i got viruses, and had to have my uncle fix them, who naturally works with computers in his job. since getting my mac in '05 i haven't had one problem associated with viruses.

where is ur proof? i use to own pcs and i got viruses, and had to have my uncle fix them, who naturally works with computers in his job. since getting my mac in '05 i haven't had one problem associated with viruses.

Maybe you have stopped going to those naughty sites..

so you haven't had a PC since 05. Free anti virus is pretty flawless now if you set it up correctly

I have an old mac and I go on every website that could possibly give a normal computer a virus, especially those face book viruses. It helps if you get sucked into scams easily, but if its just for papers, HP and Dell sell some great laptops for $500-$800.

significantly less people have macs then pcs, which means significantly less need for people to hack a mac, which means significantly less viruses for macs. as more people waste their money on a mac more viruses will be made for macs.

just keep thinking your mac is invulnerable to everything bad though, its pretty funny

tell me which is the PC and which is the mac (note- the mac has no extra things with it, no warranty or anything like that) (and the PC is just a random laptop that i picked off of newegg.com, not on sale or anything)

laptop 1 COSTS $870

17.3 inch screen

4gb RAM

500 gb hard drive (7200rpm)

2.5 GHz AMD Turion II ultra

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 (512mb dedicated memory)

laptop 2 COSTS $2349

17 inch screen

4 gb RAM

500gb hard drive (7200rpm)

2.53 GHz Intel Core i5

NVDIA GeForce GT 330M (512mb memory)

is there a $1500 difference between the hardware in those two laptops? i dont think so. one might be a bit better then another but nothing major and not worth that much money

• Like 1

tell me which is the PC and which is the mac (note- the mac has no extra things with it, no warranty or anything like that) (and the PC is just a random laptop that i picked off of newegg.com, not on sale or anything)

laptop 1 COSTS $870

17.3 inch screen

4gb RAM

500 gb hard drive (7200rpm)

2.5 GHz AMD Turion II ultra

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 (512mb dedicated memory)

laptop 2 COSTS $2349

17 inch screen

4 gb RAM

500gb hard drive (7200rpm)

2.53 GHz Intel Core i5

NVDIA GeForce GT 330M (512mb memory)

is there a $1500 difference between the hardware in those two laptops? i dont think so. one might be a bit better then another but nothing major and not worth that much money

lol at the $1500 increase just for an i5. $300 more would be acceptable

significantly less people have macs then pcs, which means significantly less need for people to hack a mac, which means significantly less viruses for macs. as more people waste their money on a mac more viruses will be made for macs.

just keep thinking your mac is invulnerable to everything bad though, its pretty funny

lemme kno next time u have pc probs

I have a macbook pro. Have had it for almost 2.5 years and love it and have had no problems with it. I was going to school for Graphic Communications so it worked perfect cause we all pretty much had to use macs anyways. Now whenever I get on a PC I feel lost since I skipped out on Vista and XP and the layouts are completely different. But I would recommend a mac to anyone who is seriously interested in it.