Am I the only one that wants Stefanski gone too?

Smitty

Because I have the feeling if he's still around, he'll keep going with the "hey he was on the Nets, I should hire him!" philosophy and hire Byron Scott or Lawrence Frank; coaches that would NOT fit the current core of players.

And then expect another "stay put, then hope and wait" season.

Just too much damage done IMO. Give DiLeo the reigns.

I don't think Stefanski has anything positive since coming here. A lot of the key players on the roster are Billy King guys anyways. Billy King was the one who freed up all the cap space and drafted Iguodala and Young (I believe Thaddeus was drafted under BK).

Since taking over, Stefanski has overpayed for Brand and Iguodala. He refused to trade Andre Miller for any value, when everybody knew he was just going to walk away in free agency. He swapped Evans for Kapono, who is also severely overpayed. He also hired Eddie Jordan and basically wasted an entire year of development because everybody and their momma knew this hiring was going to fail.

I honestly don't think he's done anything positive to help the Sixers since taking over. Not everything is his fault (Brand is hindsight 20/20) but nothing has really worked out. I don't know who else is on the market that can potentially replace him, but I do think Stefanski has worn out his welcome.

Edited by Artesticle

What could he have done differently though? Everything is perfect hindsight, as Artesticle mentioned. The Brand and Iguodala contracts were praised at the time, Brand's especially. I remember the reaction was great to the Kapono trade as well. Nothing has worked out, so eventually he probably will get the ax, but I don't think this is his fault at all.