Marion is going to Dallas ; deal is made.

xx.

According to NBA.com the deal is made.

The Mavericks, Raptors and Grizzlies have agreed to a deal in principle that will send Shawn Marion to Dallas, according to NBA sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the trade will also send Jerry Stackhouse to the Grizzlies, with one source close to the process saying that a trade call with the league office to formalize the deal has been planned for Thursday.

The known parameters of the deal call for Marion to receive a five-year contract in the region of $40 million from the Mavericks and land Stackhouse in Memphis, where he will be bought out by the Grizzlies. Dallas will send Memphis $2 million by Aug. 10th to pay for the buyout.

Link

Cuban is tying up a lot of money into old players, if this team doesn't win a championship then they fail. It's a shame they waited until there are like 4 other amazing teams in the NBA to try and be serious about contending.

Also heard they got Dyess locked up, another big acquisition.

Cuban is tying up a lot of money into old players, if this team doesn't win a championship then they fail. It's a shame they waited until there are like 4 other amazing teams in the NBA to try and be serious about contending.

Also heard they got Dyess locked up, another big acquisition.

Dyess is signing with the Spurs

Essentially, I could be wrong but.

Toronto Got Hedo + Wright + George + MLE + LLE - Douby - Humphries

Considering before it was Hedo + Minimum, I'd say that's good.

I could be wrong though.

Wow if only Dallas could keep Bass I might put them in the top 3.

Still...I think getting home court advantage in the playoffs for a round or two is possible. All depends if they win the Southwest Division, which might be easier now with the Rockets out of contention. Rockets will make the playoffs, just no longer as elite.

Love what Cuban is doing. But losing Wright will hurt. He had potential.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Apj5AikTs6qb.KiJssegRaU5nYcB?slug=aw-marionmavericks070809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Full details here.

The Dallas Mavericks have reached agreement to acquire Shawn Marion(notes) in a sign-and-trade deal with the Toronto Raptors, league sources said Wednesday.

The Mavericks and Raptors recruited the Orlando Magic and Memphis Grizzlies to help facilitate the deal. The Raptors will get Hedo Turkoglu in a sign-and-trade deal with the Magic rather than signing him outright. They also will receive forwards Devean George and Antoine Wright from the Mavericks.

Marion will receive a five-year, $40 million contract from the Mavericks.

Stackhouse will go to the Grizzlies, who will waive him. Only $2 million of Stackhouse’s $7 million contract for next season is guaranteed. The Grizzlies will receive cash, likely $3 million, to participate in the trade.

Toronto, which gets to keep its midlevel salary-cap exception, sends a trade exception to Orlando. The Mavericks also will receive forward Kris Humphries from the Raptors.

The Dallas Morning News first reported the Mavericks were nearing a deal for Marion, describing the trade as “on the lip of the cup.”

Wow if only Dallas could keep Bass I might put them in the top 3.

Still...I think getting home court advantage in the playoffs for a round or two is possible. All depends if they win the Southwest Division, which might be easier now with the Rockets out of contention. Rockets will make the playoffs, just no longer as elite.

Love what Cuban is doing. But losing Wright will hurt. He had potential.

Don't go too far..... lol

GREAT signing for them. But they still aren't better then Celtics, Lakers, Cavs, Spurs and maybe Nuggets.

I'm confused... did the Raptors get anything out of this trade?

They get an extra million dollars in the trade. They are getting Stack traded to them and will undoubtedly buy him out immediately for the $2M that it would require. In the trade they are most likely receiving the $3M max and they will use $2M of that to buy out Stackhouse and then they walk away with an extra million bucks for doing, well, nothing. Pretty sweet deal for them lol.

hate getting rid of antonie wright but love getting rid of devean george.

Likewise. I'm excited tho, Marion is a good player... We just need some more bench forwards. Definitely get Bass back... but other than him, theres not a whole lot of talent there.

They get an extra million dollars in the trade. They are getting Stack traded to them and will undoubtedly buy him out immediately for the $2M that it would require. In the trade they are most likely receiving the $3M max and they will use $2M of that to buy out Stackhouse and then they walk away with an extra million bucks for doing, well, nothing. Pretty sweet deal for them lol.

Ah, I see it now. Not a bad deal for the Raptors. They were able to free themselves of an unhappy highly paid player in Marion, and get some cash in return. Plus they have Turkoglu now, so not a bad offseason so far for the Raps. The Mavs obviously got the best deal out of this though.