Wizards Line Up

How will the line up of Arenas/Miller/Butler/Jamison/Haywood with Foye coming off the bench fair this upcoming season? How well will they play as a unit under Flip Saunder's offense? Do you see Mike Miller being traded before the season starts in order to obtain a big man?

Not really, Mike gives us more length alongside Gil in the back court. Having Foye come off the bench will be very similar to Gordon coming off the bench for the Bulls. Having Foye and Gil in the backcourt will have it's issues throughout the year.

how long is Stevensf they don out for? depending on how long he is out i think miller will start then moved to the bench and see wat happens from there.

i doubt they will trade miller. iid who would they get? dont see it happening

I hope we keep Miller and also give him an extension!

I think you got the lineup right...Arenas/Miller/Butler/Jamison/Haywood. Arenas, Miller, and Butler can all play the point too which is great. I love Miller's 3-point shooting ability. We haven't had a sharp-shooter in forever. Having Foye coming off the bench with guys like McGuire, Young, Blatche, and McGee (who I think might take over the starting job) is going to be fun to watch. We also have veterans in the backcourt with Stevenson and James.

If the Wizards can stay healthy they'll be a pretty dangerous team.

Definitely. I think the Wizards are gonna be a legit team, if not next year, but definitely the year after. They have a nice mix of younger players and veterans and have some dynamic players as well. I agree with ECA in that they will have a good chance at 4th seed.

Well we thought they were gonna be 4 or 5 seed last year also. I think Foye should be SG. The Wizards need Miller as a 6th man to come out shooting 3's and playing in clutch moments. If Miller starts, then the more inexperienced Foye will be the 6th man probably which wouldn't be as effective. Gilbert will be shooting more if Miller isn't there to start, which is what Gil is good at.

Well we thought they were gonna be 4 or 5 seed last year also. I think Foye should be SG. The Wizards need Miller as a 6th man to come out shooting 3's and playing in clutch moments. If Miller starts, then the more inexperienced Foye will be the 6th man probably which wouldn't be as effective. Gilbert will be shooting more if Miller isn't there to start, which is what Gil is good at.

If you watched Gil's first two games coming off his injury, he is attempting to make the transition to a more pass first SG. And in Flip Saunder's offense, I'm sure he will only keep that up. Mike will start mainly due to the lack of size if Foye and Gil were to start.

• Owner

I'd start Stevenson and bring Miller and Foye off the bench as your backcourt duo. You gotta get scoring from somewhere when your guys are resting, and not only that, but I'm not sure if you can distribute the ball evenly between Arenas, Butler, Jamison and Miller without having some sort of dysfunction during gameplay.

As long as Stevenson's back is healed and 100 percent ready to go for the season, then I would start him at Shooting Guard. He's the only true defender the Wizards have and he has a lot more experience playing with the Trio, which is when he is most effective by the way. He wasn't able to carry the load for the depleted roster last year, so his performance declined but when everybody is healthy, it takes off a lot of pressure and attention off of him while he can nail a three pointer every now and then when needed to.

With a player like Mike Miller, I think it would be smarter to keep him on the bench. Like Real Deal said, you need scoring off the bench and Miller's proven he's capable to do that, winning the 6th man of the year award a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure if you can distribute the ball evenly between Arenas, Butler, Jamison and Miller without having some sort of dysfunction during gameplay.

I don't think that would be an issue of distributing it evenly. Arenas, Butler and Jamison are probably the most unselfish trio and they know they play best together when they share the ball evenly. Miller's stated during the press conference that numbers don't even matter for him anymore and that he's focused on getting advancing this team deep in the playoffs.

im still hoping we dump stevenson. the guy infuriates me out there. hes overly cocky and inconsistent/unreliable and there is no need for him now with foye/miller/nick young. i do think miller will start over foye but i could see foye winning a spot too. you could see some sort of rotation depending on matchups. thats a good situation to be in if you ask me. im really just praying for health this year. with a full healthy year i see no reason why the wiz cant be a 3/4 seed in the east.

Miller most likely will not be traded, unless the Wizards are pursuing a quality big man and request Miller in the trade. Most people think Miller should stay in his role as the effective sixth man, but I think Foye would be more useful coming off the bench. His game is very similar to Gilbert's, and having two shoot first point guards on the floor at the same time could cause some problems. I like our backcourt rotation right now, I think we can do some good offensive damage with this.

It's the truth. Flip Saunders isn't known for being a defensive stickler and look at the Wizards' in years past. The only person playing D will be Brendan. Do you even watch them?

@The Rockets.

I never said they were. I actually said quite the opposite. That the Rockets need to rebuild.

It's official. We are rebuilding. Whether Morey agrees with this or not is a different story. Bosh sweepstakes 2010 here we go?