Noah on Garnett and Cleveland

But then Noah had to divert his aim to his weekend host, the City of Cleveland, and ensure he remained the designated nemesis for fans in the series.

"I don't know about Cleveland, man, there is nothing going on," Noah said Sunday, lamenting the options for his off day on a typical cloudy and chilly spring day. "It's bad, man."

When asked if his dislike for the town would motivate him more in the series, Noah continued.

"What, that Cleveland really sucks?" Noah said.

----------

Noah was inflamed after Garnett threw two elbows at the Miami Heat's Quentin Richardson, an action that resulted in his suspension for Game 2 on Tuesday. The winner of the Cavs-Bulls series will face the winner of the Heat-Celtics series, but Noah's reaction seemed more personal than business.

"I'm going to say it: He's a dirty player," Noah said. "He's always swinging elbows, man. I'm hurting right now because of an elbow he threw [when the Bulls played the Celtics last week]. It's unbelievable. He's a dirty player. It's one thing to be competitive and compete. But don't be a dirty player man. He's a dirty player."

Noah went so far as to suggesting the Heat use reserve center, and noted enforcer, Jamaal Magloire to merit justice.

"That's messed up," Noah said. "I'm really excited about that [Heat-Celtics] series. It's going to be fun. I hope they put Magloire in. He knows what he's doing."

Despite Garnett's actions, Noah's unprompted statements about another series came off as bizarre. Noah does have a history of speaking his mind, he's rapped James this season about dancing on the bench during games.

It certainly seemed to catch the Celtics off guard, too.

"Noah? Noah's in this series now?" Celtics coach Doc Rivers told reporters in Boston. "I have no comment. If Noah had said that last year [when the Bulls played Celtics in the playoffs], I would have had a comment. But since he's in Cleveland and dealing with that, I think I'll let him focus on [O'Neal] and that group right now."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/04/chicagos_joakim_noah_spends_a.html

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

It isn't like he's lying about the city of Cleveland either. Have you guys seen the tourism vids?

That's just downtown Cleveland.

Cleveland as a whole is awesome. Rock n Roll hall of fame, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium, The Q, Cleveland Clinic (number 1 medical clinic in the country). And some very nice areas outside of downtown that you guys aren't exposed to because all you see are the overhead shots of the Q and all the buildings.

I don't live in Cleveland though so I don't know that much about the city.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Cleveland as a whole is awesome. Rock n Roll hall of fame, Progressive Field, Browns Stadium, The Q, Cleveland Clinic (number 1 medical clinic in the country). And some very nice areas outside of downtown that you guys aren't exposed to because all you see are the overhead shots of the Q and all the buildings.

I'll give you Progressive Field, but The Q isn't that nice. Rock and Roll HOF is really the only draw Cleveland has for tourism. I'm not trying to hate on the city, I just agree with everything Noah says because he's hilarious.

jokim noah is a bum..he has no right to talk to KG when he hasnt done [expletive] in this league compared to KG. KG is a intense player and yea sometimes he does dirty players but Lakers fans you guys also have ron artest..you cant tell me hes not dirty. Not that i agree with what KG does, him and Sheed get on my last nerve with their constant [expletive]ing to the refs and recieving technicals (sheed mostly of course) and garnett is just no the garnett he once was. depending on how well the team players during the playoffs will determine what new plans danny may have to get this team younger and rebuilding agagin. cant take our number 18 banner from us and KG got it done. Allen has contributed far more tot his team as far as im concerend. but everyone plays their role. cant wait fo the celtics/cavs serires!!

I always thought that Mayo was the top clinic? Oh well. Garnett has become a dirty player since he left MN.

To the Celtics fan:

Noah is in his what? 3rd year? You're already comparing him to Garnett? SERIOUSLY?

Edited by Lone Wolf

I always thought that Mayo was the top clinic? Oh well. Garnett has become a dirty player since he left MN.

To the Celtics fan:

Noah is in his what? 3rd year? You're already comparing him to Garnett? SERIOUSLY?

not to mention Garnett sucks now

personally i dont think noah should be talkin soo much (dont get me wrong..i agree with him 100% on what he has said lol), but bulls already lost the series so i guess he is just enjoying the rest of the playoffs as a fan

Edited by Clutch

Does anyone go to Chicago on vacation? I am from Canada and have never been, but I never thought Chicago was a great place either. He is acting like he resides in LA.

Chicago is one of the most awesome cities to visit in the US actually lol. Its kinda like a cleaner New York.

• Owner

I love Noah as a player, dude is impressive and was shutting up a lot of Cavs fans with his play tonight, but the trash-talking about the CITY has to stop. I understand that it's the playoffs, and I see why someone would want to go hard at another player in an interview (which I think is stupid, but that's just me), but when you start mouthing off about an opposing city and their fans, it's going a bit too far.

Damn I wish this kid was a Raptor.

Tell me about it. His defense and hustle would be amazing in Miami. He runs the floor extremely well too which is impressive and he's done it since his days at UF where he used to lead the break sometimes.

Most US cities are crappy, who goes to Chicago, Cleveland, or Houston for vacation? Those arent vacation spots.

I've been to Chicago on vacation. Of course unlike Cleveland and Houston there is stuff to do :lol: