GM3: Cleveland (2) @ Chicago (0)

Real Deal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year the Cavs gave up under 95 ppg during the regular season and didn't let the opponent score over 90 in the first round and 2nd I think also.

What was once a great defensive team is now a terrible one.

LeBron, again too late in the game, got his act together realizing he can get a layup, dunk, or and one if he simply drives it to the basket. He stopped shooting jumpers and threes and it was a 4 point game. What concerns me is the first three quarters in which there was no defense and LeBron just shot threes.

11 missed free throws by the Cavs, Shaq didn't miss one, and 72 points in the paint by Chicago.

Clevelands interior defense looks awful right now. Shaq is still not protecting the basket, and pairing him up with Antawn in the starting lineup has made their interior defense pretty bad. The Bulls are getting to the basket at will, especially Rose and Deng. Shaq has Noah on him, a huge size advantage in the post, and he only scored 6 points? I think the Cavs have legitimate reason to be concerned, after this round they are gonna get murdered if they keep playin like this. All hate aside, just observations.

Clevelands interior defense looks awful right now. Shaq is still not protecting the basket, and pairing him up with Antawn in the starting lineup has made their interior defense pretty bad. The Bulls are getting to the basket at will, especially Rose and Deng. Shaq has Noah on him, a huge size advantage in the post, and he only scored 6 points? I think the Cavs have legitimate reason to be concerned, after this round they are gonna get murdered if they keep playin like this. All hate aside, just observations.

We were 2nd in defensive points in the paint allowed this year.

Just one game....72 points in the paint almost twice what we give up per game. Actually, it is. That in itself is another anomaly.

And this is what I want. Last year, we faced a dead Detroit team and a team in the Hawks that was just happy to win a series. Then we got stoop up by actual competition. The difference in the opponents hurt us.

Now we're facing a team in the Bulls that is a tough home team that had one of the best and closest series ever against Boston. We need competition on this road.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

We were 2nd in defensive points in the paint allowed this year.

Just one game....72 points in the paint almost twice what we give up per game. Actually, it is. That in itself is another anomaly.

And this is what I want. Last year, we faced a dead Detroit team and a team in the Hawks that was just happy to win a series. Then we got stoop up by actual competition. The difference in the opponents hurt us.

Now we're facing a team in the Bulls that is a tough home team that had one of the best and closest series ever against Boston. We need competition on this road.

Most of those games were without Shaq, most of them without Antwan, and almost all, if not all of them were without Shaq and Antwan in the game together. Those two just dont make a good defensive front court. I think they will have problems against the Celtics and Magic. The fact that the last 2 games were close, and a loss against the Bulls is whats more alarming. They needed Toronto injuries just go get in, and recently lost to the Nets. Maybe im lookin through purple and gold glasses but I see a lot of problems with this Cavs team. :lol:

The Bulls are a good team....you do realize that they lost 11 in a row, which makes their record a lot worse. During that stretch, Jeremy Johnson and Chris Richard started for this team at one point. Injuries hurt their momentum.

And it's very hard to sweep a team dude. 4 straight wins against a team? And I like this. It gives us a test we must overcome.

We only lost by two also. Not that bad.....

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

The Bulls played with a lot of pressure to hit every shot. Though the Bulls did win, it didn't feel as if they were the better team... just a team that hit more shots than usual. This should be the Cavs only loss for this series.

BTW, thinking of summer 2010, I don't think an SG is their answer. Kirk does a great job for them, and he and Rose make a very strong backcourt duo as is. I think an offensive minded PF would be more valuable and fill in for a huge gap that this team is missing. Bosh, Boozer, or even David Lee could be enough to turn this team into a contender.

Edited by Poe

The Bulls played with a lot of pressure to hit every shot. Though the Bulls did win, it didn't feel as if they were the better team... just a team that hit more shots than usual. This should be the Cavs only loss for this series.

BTW, thinking of summer 2010, I don't think an SG is their answer. Kirk does a great job for them, and he and Rose make a very strong backcourt duo as is. I think an offensive minded PF would be more valuable and fill in for a huge gap that this team is missing. Bosh, Boozer, or even David Lee could be enough to turn this team into a contender.

Exactly. Both Rose and Hinrich were hitting a ton of shots from outside. But I can't understand why we waited till we were down 20 to start playing tough. Even though I thought there were 2 missed calls late in the 4th (LeBon got called for a charge on Luol Deng that I thought was block, would have been a 3pt play and when Noah wrapped around LeBron's neck after Varejao missed that 2nd free throw), the loss isn't because of that. The Bulls made more shots and played harder than us for the first 3 quarters of the game. They deserved this one, but I expect us to bounce back and take games 4 and 5.