GM3: Boston (2) @ Miami (0)

Real Deal

After watching the first 3 games of this series on and off, I know understand why the Heat were trying to throw that game against the Nets in order to fall to 6th and play the Hawks. The Celtics are just a terrible matchup for the Heat because of the style of play that they play is so similar to the way that the Heat play. All of the things that the Heat do well, the Celtics do almost all of those things better than the Heat do. I can definitely see why the Heat would've rathered to play the Hawks in the first round instead.

Good stuff. I agree with about everything.

Wade has settled for 3s way too much this season. In the old days, whenever the game got close, Wade would attack the basket. Since he's about the best slasher in the world (minus LeBron), good things always happened. Nowadays he's fallen in love with the 3 ball, which he shoots less than 30% with, and as you said, no other opportunities are created that way... It's really pissing me off.

What's pissing me off even more during these playoffs is JO. 5-31 for the playoffs... I mean, words can't describe how [expletive]ing disappointing this is. Had he shot at least 50%, the Heat would've definitely won game 3, and would have had a legitimate chance to win game 1. Real talk, had JO played better, the Heat could be up 2-1 right now instead of being down 3-0 and on the verge of being swept. [expletive], that's incredible. What a [expletive]ing bum.

Now, I understand that Perkins and Garnett have been controlling the paint extremely well during the playoffs, but it's still no excuse for O'Neal to shoot 5 for [expletive]ing 31. I don't think any defender in the league is THAT good where they can force a 53% shooter to be 16%. The defense may have had something to do with it, and perhaps there were some undisclosed nagging injuries, but the biggest portion definitely goes to O'Neal's classic choke job.

On a brighter note, at least it's good to see Beasley and Chalmers showing some nice flashes, since those guys are the most likely to be back next season, and also make up the Heat's young core along with Cook (who doesn't really deserve to be mentioned due to his garbage performance all year), and Beverly and Dozier who are out in Europe. Wright showed some great signs in game 3 after playing scared in the first two games, but since he's an unrestricted free agent, there's no telling what this means for the Heat's future.

Edited by Poe

O'Neal is awful.

"Awful" is just scratching the surface. I don't think there is a word in the dictionary that can describe exactly how bad he is during these playoffs.

He better be wearing a [expletive]ing suit on Sunday. I don't ever want to see his [expletive] in a Heat uniform again.

You would think a guy like O'Neal, who is in a contract year, would show that he is still worth something and that he would be worth signing. Instead, he has been playing like garbage and I hope no one signs him because how he is playing is just pathetic. Just pathetic.

I was reduced to listening to a play by play over xbox because I got pissed when we started losing in the fourth. What got me even more pissed was that Wade got injured and then the actress hit a buzzer beater. I didn't expect us to so much this season, but at least win a damn game on your home court.

Speaking of Wade, how bad is the injury?

Okay, I was at my girlfriends prom last night and didn't even watch the game so I tracked it on my phone...Is it true we had a foul to give at the end and didn't use it? If so, everything I've said all year about Spo just came true and he's done. How do you not use that foul?!

And Wade pulling up for a 3 at the end? Why bro? You're the best driving guard in the NBA and you settle for a 3? GTFO. Beasley had a hell of a game but I'm sure Ira and the rest of the writers will downplay it.

It's hard to be mad at Wright because if he had not played so well last night, the game wouldn't have even been this close in the first place. Wade took a stupid three, but without him, the Heat wouldn't have even been in the playoffs.