Hornets Interested In Doug Collins

The New Orleans Hornets have established preliminary contact with Doug Collins about their coaching opening, ESPN.com has learned.

NBA coaching sources said Friday that Collins is among the high-profile candidates for the position, along with ESPN analysts Avery Johnson and Jeff Van Gundy.

Collins, who worked Thursday night’s Lakers-Thunder game in Oklahoma City, could not be immediately reached for comment.

Yahoo! Sports reported earlier this week that former New Jersey Nets coach Lawrence Frank and San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Mike Budenholzer will also be considered.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66146/20100423/hornets_interested_in_doug_collins/#ixzz0lzI5Zbqq

Honestly, I don't think that you can go wrong with any of the coaches listed in this quote, aside from maybe Budenholzer as I don't know anything about him. They are all good coaches in their own right who each bring their own style that could benefit the Hornets after a pretty disapointing season this year.

Don't want Frank. I definitely want Avery Johnson. Just kinda seems like it was meant to be.

You don't want a up and coming coach?

I want Frank back actually, he is going places. He just needs a decent team.