GM4: LA Lakers (2) @ Oklahoma City (1)

I could see a Lakers blow-out in game 5. Let's see how Scott Brooks prepares his team for the game. This will show if he is coach of the year worthy. Making his young team hold their composure and play with the same intensity on the road after two nice victories. This series has been very interesting. If the Thunder somehow pull off an upset, it will be crazy.

The thing about the Lakers is that they don't seem hungry. Artest has been horrid on offense. Fisher is lost and Westbrook is owning him. Odom has been inconsistent as usual. Gasol is playing soft, especially more now since the Thunder keep blocking his attempts. Bryant needs to be more aggressive, but his finger seems too [expletive]ed up. Bynum is the only Laker that is playing decent in this series. I think this is where Ariza is missed because he can provide some much needed offense. I thought Shannon Brown would be able to be a spark off the bench, but that hasn't been the case.

I'm gunna say it again, but free throw shooting really looks like the main difference in this game. Whether it was due to bad reffing or the Thunder really drew that many fouls, that's the only thing that stands out this game. The Thunder made 25 more free throws than the Lakers... LA lost by 21. If the free throw shooting was even, the Lakers would have won.

Edited by Poe

It was a horrible game, and Kobe was definitely not aggressive enough...but no worries, this is the Lakers they're not going to lose. The ignorance just like last year, we play only when we need to.

Then why wouldn't you guys sweep the team and get more rest for the next series?

• Owner

Looking at the box score, I don't think the amount of shots Kobe took made a difference. The Lakers and the Thunder shot an even percentage.... it's just that the Thunder went to the line a gazillion times, and LA missed nearly half of their own free throws. The Thunder also outrebounded the Lakers and had less turnovers.

The more everyone else's roles increased on offense, the less defense they played. Less rebounding, less physical play, less everything.

Kobe hoisting up his usual will get the job done, because teams will double him, Gasol and Bynum will attack the offensive glass, and it prevents the Thunder from doubling our bigs.

OKC went to the line so many times because the Lakers were pathetic on help defense, and it has a lot to do with tired legs and an increased role on offense. Hell, the bigs were fighting so hard in the first, they were already breathing hard before the quarter ended...and by the time the third quarter came around, the "should-be aggressive" Gasol had taken just seven shot attempts, and he took just three in the third.

Fact is, it's easy to shut down the Lakers if Kobe is passive. Take the lanes, double the post, and force Fisher, Farmar, Brown and Artest into shots they can't make. Gasol is not a first option, and the offense shouldn't be ran through him...but some Lakers fans like to think so.

This series reminds me alot of Boston's 1st round series against Atlanta in 08. Young athletic team with no real big up against an elite top seed. The top seed wins the first 2 at home, and then the young team surprises everyone by taking both games at their court. 7 Game series, LA in 7 IMO.

This series is awesome. I didnt expect Thunder to get back into this but they did. I hope Game 5 is real good lets see

Agreed... I mean besides wanting Lakers to lose, Thunder are playing so exciting and Westbrook blows everyone with his play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEnreRtioNo

This song sums up the moods of both teams :)

Thunder theme (0:01 - 1:33 "HOPE! Underdog gaining energy & confidence & winning the battle now after losing")

Lakers theme (1:34 - 2:59 "Regret for losing games")

Lakers theme (3:00 "sense of urgency heading to Game 5")

My favorite part was when they talked about the Laker bench in the first half and then showed the bench and when Adam Morrison was shown he was yawning. :lol:

This Laker bench is in need of a big man. Let's face it, Odom is their only "big". That's not enough. And their guard play isn't getting it done. I don't see Kobe going off for three straight games so they will need more contribution from Artest and Fisher and the bench in this series.

This would be a worse-case scenario for the Cavs today.

Worst game I've seen us play all year. No effort, no energy, no defense, no urgency, careless turnovers, careless shots, careless fouls...MISSED FREE THROWS. I mean, had we made our free throws in the first half we would of been right there either a couple points down, tied, or even the lead. That 3rd quarter was the most pathetic display of basketball I'd ever seen. Just terrible.

I hope our guys have woken up now. It's business time fellas, stop dicking around.