Bosh not Going to Thunder

ESPN's Ric Bucher is doing his best to deny rumors that Oklahoma City could be a potential landing spot for Raptors forward Chris Bosh this summer.

Bosh is expected to hit the free agent market.

"And in case it comes up again: Bosh-to-OKC has zero chance of happening for more reasons than I can list in 140 characters," Bucher wrote on his Twitter page.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66182/20100425/report_zero_chance_bosh_goes_to_thunder/#ixzz0m8qLDGow

RGM. Nice, that leaves me to believe it is really down to Toronto (Draft night pending) and New York.

• Owner

Wow if that's true then this is a joke.

Haha, yeah...he was 110% sure Kobe was leaving. I believe he even had a deal set in stone, reported it, then deleted it from the ESPN article he wrote.

I would be surprised if Bosh does go to Oklahoma City.

Bosh has stated on numerous occasions that he doesn't want to be looked at as somebodies sidekick and if he were to go to OKC he would be looked at as Durant's sidekick. It is the same reason why I don't think that he will go to Miami because he would be seen as Wade's second fiddle.

I don't think that Bosh's ego will allow him to go and play second fiddle to somebody like Durant or Wade and I have said it multiple times on here, and Bosh has said that he wants to be a player that teams build around, not a player who is a piece to the building around of another (if that makes sense lol).

If Bosh leaves Toronto I think he will either end up in Chicago or Houston. While Chicago and Houston both have star players in Rose and Yao respectively, I don't think that anybody would call Bosh the 2nd option of either of those teams and worst case scenario it would be looked at as a 1A-1B type of scenario. If he goes to Miami or OKC he would be looked at as a clear cut #2 option, and that is something that he doesn't want to happen.

Then there is also the fact that if he were to go to Houston he would have a supporting cast twice as good as the one that he has ever had in Toronto. Brooks and Martin alone would be far and away the best backcourt duo that he has ever played with and I think it is pretty clear that he has never come remotely close to playing with somebody the caliber of Yao Ming. Add to those three players like Shane Battier, Trevor Ariza, Kyle Lowry and a potentially re-signed Luis Scola and that team blows any Raptor team that he has played on out of the water.

In Chicago he would have a backcourt of Rose and Hinrich, which would be better than anything he has ever played with by far. Joakim Noah would be the best center that he has ever played with and a player that is a perfect compliment to him as well. A frontcourt of Noah, Bosh and Deng would be great on the glass both offensively and defensively. If he were to go to Chicago he would still be looked upon as the best player on the team while playing on a tough, gritty team that compliment him pretty nicely.

I'm not saying that I don't think that Bosh could end up going to OKC or Miami, and I could very well be completely wrong in this situation, but judging from the comments that he has made this season and watching him for the past 7 years, I would be surprised if he were to go to a team and be looked at as a sidekick.

Edited by Built Ford Tough
  • Like 1

Bosh is the only FA this summer that I have no clue where he plans on going. Wade I know will most likely be the Heat, or perhaps there is some interest in the Bulls since it's his hometown. LeBron is either staying with the Cavs or going to the Knicks. Bosh is either staying out of loyalty/money (with a team that doesn't look to have as great of a future as some other options), or going who knows where. If he leaves, it will probably be for a sign-and-trade, and almost any team could be involved.

Edited by Poe

i wouldnt be surprised if if OKC goes after Lee and not Bosh. Lee can do a lot of the stuff bosh can do and probably for a lot cheaper. as BFT said Bosh didnt want to be the sidekick and Lee has said a few times that he would love to play in OKC along with Durant Westbrook and Green

Bosh is looking for a reason to stay, we need to make a move that convinces him we are trying to be players here, we need to get Monta Ellis or Andre Iguodala in a Raptors jersey on draft night.

The best thing for you guys is a to do a S&T with Houston. Get a bunch of those Knicks draft picks and suck for a year. Stock up on lottery picks down the road.