Suppose This Happens...

Dr. Feelgood

Okay, I had an argument with my friend, whom I'm now believing is slightly mentally challenged...

Suppose this happens. Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James both have season ending injuries at the start of this season. Neither player has played a single game of the season and do not have the slightest chance at all at making a return for the season. Which team between the Denver Nuggets (No Anthony) and the Cleveland Cavaliers (No James) would have the better record? Keep in mind, the Cavs do have Antawn Jamison and Shaq at the beginning of THIS season.

He claims the Nuggets would not only have the better record than the Cavs, but would make the playoffs without Carmelo Anthony. I say that the Cavs would indeed have the better record between the two teams and with how much weaker the East is, they could potentially still make the playoffs as a lower seed (7-8).

Billups, Smith, Afflalo, Martin, Nene

VS

Williams, West, Moon, Jamison, O'Neal

I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.

• Owner

Both are 40-win teams without their superstars. One would make the playoffs in the East, probably 8th seed...and the other would miss the playoffs in the West.

Cleveland still has too many damn shooters, and Shaq would take advantage of it. Williams and Jamison would provide the offense, and the team defense would still be decent.

Denver would probably start the season stronger, but eventually, that would change.

I think Denver would be better and have a better record. With Melo out I think they'd go for defense from the 3 playing Balkman a lot more. They would still have enough offense with Billups Smith and Nene to win some games. I think if you give Smith 20 shots a game he can average 23+. Then factor in you got great defenders at everything but the 2. The Cavs would be iight but as you Jamison didn't do [expletive] with Caron this year and the Cavs lack of depth is a joke. Mo Williams is not that good of a point guard I mean I under stand he puts up good numbers with LeBron but take away LeBron and he's nothing more than an average PG. Cavs wouldn't win 30 IMO. Neither would make the playoffs.