Who will be the first pick

htownborn

The NBA regular season is nearly over in the NBA Draft well happen in about 2 months. However we don't know how the draft order will go because the Draft Lottery won't happen until about a month from now. So what I have done since we don't no yet who will get the #1 pick in the draft is put all the Lottery teams that has a chance to get the #1 pick up and put the name of the guy I believe they would choose if they were to have the #1 pick.

New Jersey Nets-John Wall (After the horrible season the Nets had their willing to draft either man. But if had to choose it would be Wall, Turner is good and will make an immediate impact than Wall in their rookie season, but I believe Turner will be more of a secondtier guy, Wall on the other hand will be big for the Nets in the future and can change the franchise. And besides the Nets aren't going anywhere anytime soon so the won't need the immediate impact of Turner they will have alot of time to develop with guys like Wall, Williams, Lopez, Harris, Yi etc...)

Minnesota Timberwolves-Evan Turner (The T'Wolve's have Jonny Flynn and the rights to Ricky Rubio so I doubt if they would waste their pick on Wall or would they expecially after last year's draft, picking 3 PG in the first round, IDK this would be interesting.)

Golden State Warriors-Evan Turner (The Warriors have both Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis so I think most likley they would draft Turner. If this happen we can see the new version of Run TMC for those who don't know what i'm talking about Run TMC were apart of the Warriors in the early 90's who were (Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin). We could see a new Run TMC sort of (Turner, Monta, and Curry).

Washington Wizards-John Wall (With the Gilbert Arenas incident the Wizards will need a new PG and franchise changer, once again that goes to Wall.)

Detroit Pistons-DeMarcus Cousins (Detroit is another team thats rebuilding, they seem to be happy with Stucky and Bynum at the point so theirs no need for Wall. And they still have Rip and Gordon so Evans is out of the question aswell. However Detroit does need a big man so if they were to land the #1 pick I see them getting DeMarcus Cousins. Favors could be a possibilty aswell.)

Sacramento Kings-Evan Turner (Theirs no need for Wall when you have Tyreke Evans so I think theirs no question Turner would be thir choice.)

Philadelphia 76ers-John Wall (Philly has Iggy so their's no need for Turner and Holiday is finally catching on near the end of the season. Lou Williams is a good player but he's more of a SG than PG so if Philly were to get the #1 pick they should take Wall.)

Los Angeles Clippers-Evan Turner (Turner would be an excellent addition to the Clips with Kamen, BD, Gordan, and the retuning Blake Griffin. If they were to land #1 again and draft Turner I can definitely see them as Playoff contenders in the West.)

Utah Jazz-Evan Turner(If Boozer is to stay with Utah next season and their were to some who land the #1 pick their no question Turner would be drafted and I think he would be the missing piece of the puzzle to Utah. If Boozer is to leave I expect Cousins or Favors here)

Indiana Pacers-John Wall (Danny Granger is good but he is a secondary player the Pacers need a franchise changer aswell and Wall would definatley be it.)

New Orleans Hornets-Evan Turner (The Hornets have both Paul and Collison, they have their SG of the future in Thornton but Peja's getting old and Turner could fill in for him.)

Milwaukee Bucks-DeMarcus Cousins (The Bucks have Jennings and Salmons so there's no need for Wall but they do need a big man to play along side Andrew Bogut who just got hurt, so I see Cousins or Favors being tooken here. At the same time they could use a SF, Delfino has played pretty good but I would bring him of the bench. If the Bucks land the #1 pick they have alot of options to go either SF or PF.)

Houston Rockets-Evan Turner (As I Rockets fan I would be happy getting either player but with how great Brooks and Lowry have been playing theirs no doubt we would take Turner. However if the Rockets are thinking of rebuilding I would love Cousins to come here.)

Memphis Grizzlies-Undecided (This was kind of a tough one because theirs a chance Rudy Gay could leave Memphis this off season which would make it obvious for the Grizzlies to take Turner and Conley has actually improved alot over the last couple of season's. But if Gay is to stay I would say Wall.)

Edited by htownborn

• Owner

Hey, welcome to the forums. :dribble:

I think John Wall goes #1 no matter who it is. There was talk (heard from Chad Ford) that even the Wolves would select him, despite having Rubio, Flynn and Sessions. Houston is the same with Brooks, because AB is more of a two-guard playing the point guard position, and Wall's defense would be an upgrade. Brooks would be excellent off the bench, or even playing Kevin Martin off the bench and starting Brooks at the two.

Wall has more potential coming out of this draft than Derrick Rose did, and we all heard how teams eventually decided that Rose would be the #1 overall no matter who was picking. Wall is in the same situation as LeBron James. While Evan Turner proved that he was a good player this season, Wall has way too much potential to pass on.

I wish I had the Ford comment on Twitter (the one that Bucher actually re-tweeted), because he said that every lottery team would select Wall, no doubt in his mind. Didn't need to convince me.

• Owner

The Wolves might draft Wall and trade him for Turner or some other type of wing player with other assets.

I don't know, man. I see them drafting Wall and trading Rubio or Flynn for those pieces.

They would be smart to, at least. Wall will be twice the pro Rubio turns out to be, and three times that of Flynn.

Well, it doesn't sound like Kahn is willing to trade Rubio. He's been keeping a real close eye on Rubio. Wall doesn't seem to fit to what Rambis is trying to do, according to scouts. Wall needs the ball to do what he does, but the triangle requires a lot of ball movement from all of the players, doesn't it? It also sounds like that Flynn and Sessions may battle out for the starting PG position.

Rubio seems pretty fitting for the Wolves from what he does. He can pass, has great court vision, good defense, and can do a good amount of things in the fast break. The Wolves want to get a lot of fast break points, otherwise, they will go into the triangle if forced to play from half-court.

I understand that Wall is too good to pass on, but it's really hard to predict what the Wolves will do.

Edited by Lone Wolf

• Owner

Rubio is a passing point, but he can't hit his shots. A big no-no for the triangle.

Wall is a combo guard that would facilitate the offense, and score when needed (much like Bryant). For all anyone knows, Wall is an NBA two-guard.

While rumors say that Kahn won't trade Rubio, that's really something he doesn't know if he hits that first pick. Look into it if the Wolves win the lottery. I'm sure all bets will be off at that point.

The Wolves might draft Wall and trade him for Turner or some other type of wing player with other assets.

If Minny has the first pick that is pretty much what I'm hoping for. Turner is going to be amazing and they already have a nice point guard combo in Flynn/Rubio.

Houston Rockets-Evan Turner (As I Rockets fan I would be happy getting either player but with how great Brooks and Lowry have been playing theirs no doubt we would take Turner. However if the Rockets are thinking of rebuilding I would love Cousins to come here.)

John Wall, like Aaron Brooks, is a shoot first point guard except much, much more talented. Granted I'd be ecstatic to have either one but I'd much rather have Wall. Brooks' trade value is sky high, we could pick up something pretty nice for him.

Btw how did you find OTR? Just checking if my advertising on clutchfans is doing any good.

Rubio is a passing point, but he can't hit his shots. A big no-no for the triangle.

Wall is a combo guard that would facilitate the offense, and score when needed (much like Bryant). For all anyone knows, Wall is an NBA two-guard.

While rumors say that Kahn won't trade Rubio, that's really something he doesn't know if he hits that first pick. Look into it if the Wolves win the lottery. I'm sure all bets will be off at that point.

Even though you have Fisher at the point? :-P

It isn't exactly rumors. Kahn busted his [expletive] off to try and get Rubio last year.. and he has visited Spain a few times to watch Rubio and Pekovic play. Who knows what Kahn will do... I wonder if he wants to stick to playing two PGs at the same time, although Rambis wasn't exactly open with it.

• Owner

Even though you have Fisher at the point? :-P

It isn't exactly rumors. Kahn busted his [expletive] off to try and get Rubio last year.. and he has visited Spain a few times to watch Rubio and Pekovic play. Who knows what Kahn will do... I wonder if he wants to stick to playing two PGs at the same time, although Rambis wasn't exactly open with it.

Fisher is actually a pretty accurate shooter when he's wide open. Problem is, he's slower than he used to be (and never really was fast to begin with) and he now has trouble actually losing his man, but his long range makes up for it.

Not the ideal point for the triangle, but Kobe makes up for that, also. The Wolves don't have a Kobe.

If Turner turns out to be a "Kobe" (as some project, a mini-Kobe), then that would be fine...but I think it would be ridiculous to pass on Wall and risk drafting a borderline all-star over someone who is destined to be a superstar in this league.

i think this could be one of those drafts with a lot of trading near the top, especially with all the pgs picked last year that are still on bad teams this year.

Im definitely keeping my eye on the wolves, they would i think love to be in a position to wonder where to go, to pick Wall and trade someone or to take Turner. But they need to upgrade at the 2, and really i cant imagine them not taking wall if they could and trading away Rubio, especially with the amount of teams that have shown interest in him. if they can trade away Rubio in some sort of package for a quality 2 and 3, and still have Wall and Flynn, i think thats best case scenario for them.

Hey, welcome to the forums. :dribble:

I think John Wall goes #1 no matter who it is. There was talk (heard from Chad Ford) that even the Wolves would select him, despite having Rubio, Flynn and Sessions. Houston is the same with Brooks, because AB is more of a two-guard playing the point guard position, and Wall's defense would be an upgrade. Brooks would be excellent off the bench, or even playing Kevin Martin off the bench and starting Brooks at the two.

Wall has more potential coming out of this draft than Derrick Rose did, and we all heard how teams eventually decided that Rose would be the #1 overall no matter who was picking. Wall is in the same situation as LeBron James. While Evan Turner proved that he was a good player this season, Wall has way too much potential to pass on.

I wish I had the Ford comment on Twitter (the one that Bucher actually re-tweeted), because he said that every lottery team would select Wall, no doubt in his mind. Didn't need to convince me.

Yeah thanks

I pretty much fell the same way that Wall will be #1 with most of the picks but theirs just a few teams out their I can see going Turner, Cousins, even Favors. I really wouldn't be surprised if the T-Wolves took Wall they proved me that last year when the took 4 gaurds in the draft but Turner IMO would be a better fit. As for the Rockets I feel pretty much the same way I feel about the T-Wolves, I feel they should draft Tuner but like I said if their trying to rebuild go Cousins. Wall would be nice hear too but I just do see it happening, but then again Morey does make things happen he's a damn great GM I'm glad he's with us.

If Minny has the first pick that is pretty much what I'm hoping for. Turner is going to be amazing and they already have a nice point guard combo in Flynn/Rubio.

John Wall, like Aaron Brooks, is a shoot first point guard except much, much more talented. Granted I'd be ecstatic to have either one but I'd much rather have Wall. Brooks' trade value is sky high, we could pick up something pretty nice for him.

Btw how did you find OTR? Just checking if my advertising on clutchfans is doing any good.

Well if we could land Wall I agree Brooks would be good trade bait and we can land a very good .

And no Build Ford Tough gave me the link to this site. I was on Youtube on an Evan Turner mix video and made a post, he saw it PM'd and I guess thought I was a good poster and invited me hear.

• 2 weeks later...

In a draft where there is a clear-cut #1 (not saying he'll be the best, but right now he's clearly the best prospect) in a tier of his own, one that could be an elite talent and be that special player Kahn is talking about in his commercials, you don't pass up on that player to draft for a position of need. If your scouts believe that Wall is head and shoulders above the rest, take him; if they feel like he is overhyped and won't live up to expectations, and you trust those scouts, then draft Wall and trade him or take whoever is #1 on your board with the first pick. You may have a bit of a logjam at point guard with Wall, Flynn, Sessions, and later Rubio, but that's a good position to be in. By drafting the best talent available, you can always trade later on and clear your jam and acquire better value.

If I were picking for Minnesota, I'd take Wall, and then try to trade Rubio's rights for another prospect in this draft. If they could pick up Evan Turner to go with Wall then they'd have a strong scoring tandem in the backcourt for years to come, but if the team in the #2 slot isn't up for it then I'm sure they could get someone to buy at #3, 4, or 5. Derrick Favors would be a help defensively for the T-Wolves by adding an athletic power forward that they haven't had since KG, and they could then trade an unathletic big man of their choice between Jefferson and Love. Maybe they could swing a sign and trade to acquire Rudy Gay for Jefferson? How would the following be in terms of getting the athletic, talented players Rambis will need next season? PG: Wall/Flynn, SG: Brewer/Ellington, SF: Gay/Gomes, PF: Favors/Love, C: Milicic/Hollins.

Htown, you mentioned that Turner would be a better pick for Sacramento. I disagree; he and Evans are both versatile guards that can play anywhere from 1-3, but are both best suited as a shooting guard. Neither has good range on their jump shot at this point, so playing them together would allow opposing defenses to sag off and clog the paint. Wall would be the better fit with his amazing speed in the open floor, and would be a better matchup defensively with his athleticism and quickness -- I imagine it would be much harder for a 6-6 Turner or Evans to keep point guards out of the lane on a consistent basis.

You think they'd rather hang on to the kid who's sitting in Europe, refusing to play for a market like Minnesota?

Wilson is a good player.

I never said Wilson wasn't a good player but he's no where near Rubio's value and potential. Rubio will play for Minnesota, I don't recall ever reading that he didn't want to.

He wouldn't come this year... He isn't coming next year...

"Ricky Rubio said in a recent interview that he will "certainly" play for FC Barcelona again next season."

"Rubio is averaging 5.6 assists for Barcelona and showing marked improvement, but he's still leery about spending his career in Minnesota."

I dunno, it's all conjecture at this point, I supposed... I just feel the Wolves are better off getting a good player rather than waiting a few more years for a guy who may or may not come play for them.

Rubio is under contract until the next offseason, Minny couldn't afford the buyout and he's not taking money out of his own pocket to come play for the Timberwolves. Kahn also stated that his stay in Barcelona could be beneficial to Rubio, like winning a Euroleague championship this past weekend.

And I can assure you if Ricky Rubio was attainable for the price of a Wilson Chandler, he would be gone already.

If Chandler were available, maybe he would be :wub:

What is Kahn going to say? He has no leverage in the matter, outside of building up Rubio's value in the event of a trade. He has no power over Rubio, Ricky holds all of the chips. Plus, pride is a hard thing to overcome. Kahn doesn't want to admit making a #5 overall mistake yet.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just sayin'. Rubio needs to be traded to New York. That is all :lol:

Edited by Bounding and Astounding