GM6: Dallas (2) @ San Antonio (3)

• Owner

Manu's nose is really giving him fits. When you bust your nose, it feels really heavy (sort of like when you jam your elbow, and you can barely lift it), and I can imagine it's really throwing him off, the way he drives to the rim, shoots the ball, and pretty much everything else about his game.

And that's where the Mavericks have to capitalize. Duncan will play well, more than likely, but they have to limit what Hill and Parker do on the court. George Hill escapes his man and runs to that corner three way too much, and Parker forces defenders to collapse on him when he drives the lane, two things the Mavs have to limit if they want to pull out of San Antonio with a victory.

For the Spurs, they need others to step up. Blair has to bring his intensity, and guys like Mason and McDyess have to hit their open shots. Jefferson can be the one that carries Manu's luggage while he struggles to find a rhythm, but ultimately, it will be up to Duncan and his ability to make his teammates better (also known as giving them open looks), and Pop's adjustments to compensate for Ginobili's injury.

It looks like Hill's been learning to sell the call in San Antonio. I haven't seen anything extreme tonight, but he seems to overexaggerate the foul at times, like when Dirk tried to stop him in the corner to get #4 or when Butler ran into him to get the tech, which I didn't think was deserved. Eh, I don't really like it.

• Owner

They just said that the Spurs are the first #7 seed to win in the first round. Really? I had no idea.

Must suck for Dallas, then. They drop a series to the 8th-seeded Warriors in 2007 (first eight seed to beat a one seed in a best-of-seven), and now they drop a series to the Spurs, the first time a seven seed wins.

Too much Duncan in that second half. He contested shots, drew doubles, and played out of his mind after starting the game 1-6 (give or take a shot attempt).

They just said that the Spurs are the first #7 seed to win in the first round. Really? I had no idea.

Must suck for Dallas, then. They drop a series to the 8th-seeded Warriors in 2007 (first eight seed to beat a one seed in a best-of-seven), and now they drop a series to the Spurs, the first time a seven seed wins.

Too much Duncan in that second half. He contested shots, drew doubles, and played out of his mind after starting the game 1-6 (give or take a shot attempt).

Damn seriously? What an embarassing franchise.

This time its a different situation though

• Owner

While the loss sucked, Mavs fans have to realize that the Spurs were easily a top three seed in the West. With the injuries, and Popovich limited Duncan's minutes all season long, you just knew San Antonio was going to play this way in the playoffs.