Eminem - Not Afraid Single!!!!!!!!!

ManOnTheMoon

Dude, thats a hot track! And DEFINATELY an infectious hook. The producer, Boi 1da, has a decent resume, too! See Kardinal Offishall's last album (2008). He did like three beats on there. Now aside from his critics, who in the h#ll is Em referring to...or is this an indirect beef track?

BTW...

Regardless of what most people have been saying, Relapse really wasn't a bad album. The other night I saw an interview on Fuse w/ 50 Cent and he didn't speak too favorably of the album.

Edited by crabbylion

Crabbylion, the only person Em is dissing in this song is himself. He's admitting his most recent album, Relapse, wasn't good, and he thought too highly of the accent he used on it.

Simple but very good production, IMO. Great flow. Voice was back on point. Message was awesome, and the hook is amazing. Great stuff, great stuff. This week of hip hop has been absolutely amazing with this, J. Cole's single, B.o.B's album, Pac Div's mixtape, and the leaks from Distant Relatives. An "Under Pressure" drop from Dre tomorrow would be a nice cap to a great week.

I hated the relapse, this song I really like. A bit much on the chorus, but so was the eminem show and that's one of my favorite albums. And for anyone who is interested in the whole rainman thing between Eminem/jayz, em is basically talking about how hes is standing up to his demon side and wants to be human again in this song.

Lame beat, lame chorus, lame overall. It seems like Em’s finally realizing that he’s getting to old for the fart jokes but he’s yet to figure out exactly his strengths beyond his humor lie. On his classics it was never about just rapping really well but being able to do so with strong storytelling and a certain honesty. This, like his ‘Drop The World’ and ‘Forever’ verses, is just regular battle rap Eminem sprinkled with emotional platitudes. He puts on his serious face and raps intensely about vaguely somber or inspiring stuff. There’s no narrative, no truth. Just ‘[expletive] the world, feed it beans.’ But at least he’s not saying it in an Elmer Fudd accent.

Complex [expletive]ted on ya. The best part is HE ADMITTED RELAPSE WAS [expletive], something most of you stans couldn't do.

did i not say complex [expletive]ted on him? lmao. Is that not from Complex? i know you're trying to discredit me anyway you can but I pretty clearly said "Complex [expletive]ted on ya", inferring that article is from Complex and brought a negative review.

Edited by HipHopHead

On his classics it was never about just rapping really well but being able to do so with strong storytelling and a certain honesty.

Agree completely here, although...

This, like his ‘Drop The World’ and ‘Forever’ verses, is just regular battle rap Eminem sprinkled with emotional platitudes. He puts on his serious face and raps intensely about vaguely somber or inspiring stuff. There’s no narrative, no truth. Just ‘[expletive] the world, feed it beans.’ But at least he’s not saying it in an Elmer Fudd accent..

Disagree here. You can say what you want about his Drop The World and Forever verses, but neither of those songs were meant to be creative, in-depth songs with a specific story or plot. They were meant to be hit radio songs, and Eminem had by FAR and away the best verses on both of them. Look at Forever...all 4 verses were completely different and had little direction (especially Wayne's...God that was awful).

As for Eminem and his battle rap style...he came up as a battle rapper, and succeeded as being one of the best battle rappers of all-time (just check out Infinite). Regarding his personal life and how he grew up, he's done all of that in song before. He's what, 35 or 36 now? Just a year ago returning after a 4-5 year hiatus. His direction and style of course is going to be different from when he first came onto the scene with a ton of innovative, creative material.

Lastly, Not Afraid has a LOT of substance. Just because it's not some complex story or extremely creative (like Nas' Rewind or I Gave You Power) doesn't mean it is shallow. Coming from someone who has had issues with drugs and such, I found the song to have a lot of depth. And considering how many people have written him off, a lot of the stuff he's rapping about aside from the drugs is also interesting and has truth.

Edited by Nitro1118
  • Like 1

On his classics it was never about just rapping really well but being able to do so with strong storytelling and a certain honesty.

That is rapping really well, if you can tell a story with your words and work the beat your going to make a single. That's why Wayne will never touch Em Wayne is satisfied just telling punch lines and not even flowing or even rapping, half the time hes just talking over a beat. smh @ Wayne fans.

"When you said you was king you lied through your teeth, for that [expletive] ya fillings instead of getting crowned your getting capped." Damn...this song was solid not elite status but great song.

Relapse I wouldn't call his best album but over all it was pretty good and some good songs on it like beautiful which was ill.

That is rapping really well, if you can tell a story with your words and work the beat your going to make a single. That's why Wayne will never touch Em Wayne is satisfied just telling punch lines and not even flowing or even rapping, half the time hes just talking over a beat. smh @ Wayne fans.

"When you said you was king you lied through your teeth, for that [expletive] ya fillings instead of getting crowned your getting capped." Damn...this song was solid not elite status but great song.

Relapse I wouldn't call his best album but over all it was pretty good and some good songs on it like beautiful which was ill.

Why would Lil Wayne be brought into this conversation? Relapse was [expletive], even Eminem said it was...

Why would Lil Wayne be brought into this conversation? Relapse was [expletive], even Eminem said it was...

Just as an example of what Em isn't, Relapse was not [expletive] it just had bad songs on it but the good songs it had on it were actually really good songs and the only reason it could be seen as a [expletive] album is if you complain over accents.

Just as an example of what Em isn't, Relapse was not [expletive] it just had bad songs on it but the good songs it had on it were actually really good songs and the only reason it could be seen as a [expletive] album is if you complain over accents.

The accent has nothing to do with the fact that the production sucked, the content is garbage and his flows really aren't as good as people make them out to be. Literally about two songs have any playback value on them, Underground and Medicine Ball, and even at that they vaguely even represent the talent Eminem once displayed on the MMLP.