Eminem - Not Afraid Single!!!!!!!!!

ManOnTheMoon

First off if you're gonna quote an article and say the author '[expletive]ted on us' then you better be ready to back up his POV.

Secondly, every great rapper has used the tools they learned from other rappers before them. If you're going to say Eminem jacked most MC's, then you have to say Nas jacked Rakim, Papoose jacked Kool G Rap, and it goes on and on. I will say, though, that Eminem has always had one of the most unique rap styles and flows out there. No one is better with wordplay and using the pronunciation of words to advantage than Em. Some said Em's flow and style in Infinite jacked Nas and AZ, but I really don't see it at all.

Nas did not jack Rakim by any means. It's true that he undoubtedly had an impact on his sound but there is almost no correlation between their styles, flow or much of their content in his early career.

Sit on the sidelines while there is an intellectual conversation going on please. ;)

You call this [expletive] intellectual conversation? Get over yourself homie..

Nas did not jack Rakim by any means. It's true that he undoubtedly had an impact on his sound but there is almost no correlation between their styles, flow or much of their content in his early career.

I know Nas did not jack Rakim, but if you're gonna say Em jacked anyone, then you'd have to say the same thing about Nas (and hundreds of other rappers).

My point being is that no rapper has a completely original style...they all use different usages of other rappers before them, apply it to their style and create something totally new. That's what Nas did, that's what Eminem did. If you are gonna say Eminem jacked anyone, give specific examples or else your arguement means nothing.

I know Nas did not jack Rakim, but if you're gonna say Em jacked anyone, then you'd have to say the same thing about Nas (and hundreds of other rappers).

My point being is that no rapper has a completely original style...they all use different usages of other rappers before them, apply it to their style and create something totally new. That's what Nas did, that's what Eminem did. If you are gonna say Eminem jacked anyone, give specific examples or else your arguement means nothing.

Rakim's influence is still felt today, even if it isn't recognized without a doubt.

My point is Infinite really wasn't Eminem. MMLP and after is. Infinite was basically Em's crack at trying to make something of himself in the crowded MC field in the mid-90's. No surprise he would compromise his style for commercial success and everything that comes with it...Infinite of course came after the legendary Illmatic, probably the greatest LP of all time.

Edited by HipHopHead

My point is Infinite really wasn't Eminem. MMLP and after is. Infinite was basically Em's crack at trying to make something of himself in the crowded MC field in the mid-90's. No surprise he would compromise his style for commercial success and everything that comes with it...Infinite of course came after the legendary Illmatic, probably the greatest LP of all time.

Infinite was most certainly Eminem. It was a glorified demo of him trying to find the right style that fits him. It was a low-budget album that was very simple and just Em playing with lyrics in battle-rap style. It had little substance. 3 years later when the SSLP came out you can see he used similar word-play but his creativity and story-telling was light-years ahead of what you see on Infinite. He didn't play with words just to play with words...everything was for the purpose of conveying some kind of message or story (let me just say- the SSLP is NOT one of my favorite albums of all-time, but Brain Damage is one of my favorite songs of all-time).

And yes, Illmatic was the best LP of all-time IMO.

Edited by Nitro1118