Rookie of the Year (next year)

Dr. Feelgood

Now, I'm pretty sure since Blake Griffin didn't play a single minute this season in the regular season, that he will be a rookie in the John Wall draft class (just like Oden was considered a rookie in the Derrick Rose draft class).

So, with Blake Griffin technically entering his rookie season with the John Wall draft class, who do you guys think will win the Rookie of the Year?

Blake Griffin

John Wall

Someone else

I just thought about this and thought it'd make for some good discussions.

I actually like Wesley Johnson for it, He'll get numbers if he goes to GSW.

Wrong, if Wesley Johnson goes to Golden State he will be another Anthony Randolph or Brandan Wright and won't get the right opportunity

Edited by NeTs15VC

• Owner

Probably Griffin or Turner. I think it'll take Wall a couple of seasons to adjust to the NBA game, but once he does, he'll be amazing. He'll probably come in third.

Consider this: Griffin has already been through NBA practices, and he played through preseason. We saw what he has the potential to do. You can't ignore that. He could walk into the NBA and average a double-double his rookie season (15/10, maybe). That would be good enough for consideration.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like Wesley Johnson for it, He'll get numbers if he goes to GSW.

man i love wes j to def man fah real!!!!!!! im a die hard syracuse fan, but unfortunately i dont think he'll win it, i mean hes gon be a terrific nba player as soon as he gets his driving ability down but anyways hes not gon win ROY for the simple fact that hes not selfish, he knos there is more to basketball than jus scoring but the comittee doesnt look at tht jus look at the past few years all they do is score and wesley can score to dont get me wrong its jus hes not selfish and wont shoot every time he gets the ball no matter what team it is, and its hard to tell who the ROY is next year because we dont kno whos on what team and what there workin wit and what not, you kno wat i mean? you gotta wait til after draft to determine tht

Probably Griffin or Turner. I think it'll take Wall a couple of seasons to adjust to the NBA game, but once he does, he'll be amazing. He'll probably come in third.

Consider this: Griffin has already been through NBA practices, and he played through preseason. We saw what he has the potential to do. You can't ignore that. He could walk into the NBA and average a double-double his rookie season (15/10, maybe). That would be good enough for consideration.

I agree with you there. Even though he didn't play a regular season game, he's still miles ahead of all the other incoming rookies as he's been around the pro game for a year now. He'll definitely have the mental game and he should be able to take what he's learned the last year and put it to good use.