Karl Might Not Return Next Season

The Nuggets were eliminated from the playoffs on Friday night, ending a long downward spiral that coincided with the absence of coach George Karl.

Karl is currently undergoing treatments for throat and neck cancer.

It's possible that Karl could be out for much longer than initially anticipated.

"I see him every day when we are in town," said Karl's son, Nuggets guard Coby Karl. "...I think his biggest disappointment is he's all about respecting the game and he's disappointed in some of the effort."

Coby Karl said his father has the passion to return next season, but it remains to be seen whether his health will allow it.

"It's going to be his choice," his son said. "He's still struggling with his voice. The only thing is his voice is still bothering him. He's getting better every day. One of his first loves has always been basketball and doing it the right way."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66299/20100501/karl_might_not_return_next_season/

I actually saw this coming. I've seen people rehad after going through cancer treatment, and it's not an easy task to say the least. Imo I think he's done permanantly, all I see is maybe a GM position in the future.