possible free agents the raps should target

this is just who I think the raps should look at. These are only Unrestricted Free Agents.

Matt Barnes- He could bring some shooting, and possibly start at the 2.

Keith Bogans- Same as above

Anthony Carter- could be a great hustle backup pt who plays defense.

Gerald Green- athletic wing.

Luther Head- still has room to grow. could be a factor for us.

Grant Hill- just had a great year with PHX, could start at the 2. -Doubtful he'd come here.

Flip Murray- Combo guard to start at the 2 and play some pt. Played great for the hawks.

Rasho Nesterovic- backup centre, leadership

Ronnie Price- Backup pt who plays defence.

Kareem Rush- can come off the bench and shoot.

Von Wafer- athletic wing who could start at the 2. Provides decent defence.

Chris Wilcox- Athletic big man. Provides strengh and grit at the forward positions.

Anyone I missed? Anyone you really want?

ps anyone in bold is who I think could really work out well for the raps.

Edited by bluedevil

Well we can get some players without even using our MLE, Anthony Parker if we were lucky enough to lure him from the Cavaliers which is extremely doubtful lol, and Delfino sounds as if he's as good as here.

That leaves or MLE to sign 2 players to fill our roster to 15.... these are the guys I have been looking up.

Rasho

Linas Kleiza

Flip Murray

Jarret Jack

Marquis Daniels

Nate Robinson... probably a long shot

Nate I'd give the entire MLE to, then just sign Rasho to the veterans Min which it sounds as though he'd be willing to take. In a perfect world we could lure AP AND Delfino back, waive Douby or someone and then sign a good bench player for the entire MLE, then use the vet min on Rasho.

We currently have 3 roster spots so iunno, we have a lot of options.

The Raptors can do something like this (completely hypothetical, just what I wouldn't mind seeing them do):

MLE: Marquis Daniels (or split it between two players like Barnes and somebody else)

LLE: Rasho Nesterovic (maybe even the vets minimum)

Sign Carlos Delfino using his Bird Rights

The Raptors lineup would look something like this:

C: Bargnani/Rasho/Pops

PF: Bosh/Evans/Pops

SF: Turk/DeRozan/George

SG: Daniels/Delfino/Wright

PG: Calderon/Ukic/Banks (Delfino could come in and play some point as well if needed)

Just throwing out a possibility, but I like the looks of that lineup.

ya i think we should go after a combo guard to start at the 2 but could also play some point. Flip Murray and Keith Bogans are two players who I think would be great for this team. Id also like to see Von Wafer. I was gonna put Marquis Daniels on my original list, but hes had such a dissappointing time in Indy, I just dont see him as a player we can use

Edited by bluedevil

Don't like Ukic as the backup PG if we are serious about trying to be a legit team next year. Unless he has some sort of Jose Calderon sophomore jump.

The way I look at it, Calderon is going to be playing 35-38 minutes a game next season so a backup point guard isn't a huge concern of mine (unless he gets injured then I agree that we are [expletive]ed). Ukic is capable of playing about 10 minutes a game if you ask me, but if he does suck and plays crappy next season, the Raptors could always just move Delfino to the point and let him play about 10 minutes a night at point guard (he is more than capable of playing point guard and has shown the ability to do so).

I think that the Raptors lack of shooting guard talent is a bigger concern then the backup point guard as of right now, but I can definitely see where you two are coming from with this concern. I just think that Ukic will be capable of playing around 10 minutes a game at the point and even if he proves unworthy, Delfino is versatile enough to play the point and be effective there if you ask me (much like Parker was last season).

It all depends on your stance on Ukic though I guess. Having insurance at the point would be nice, but even then, I really don't like Bogans or Murray as the back up point guard anymore than I like Delfino so that would be why I would just rather go with Daniels and Delfino rather then use the MLE on somebody like Murray or Bogans.

Ya thats true, thats why I think the raps should look for a combo guard who could start at the 2. I dont think DeRozan should start just yet, and like you said if we get a 2 guard who cant handle the pt, we can always let delfino do it, I could live with that too. Murray wouldnt be my first choice as a backup pt guard either, but as a worse case senerio he could do a somewhat decent job.