GM2: Boston (0) @ Cleveland (1)

Cavs "comeback". Just like that game where LBJ had a massive comeback in Boston. Why does he decide the Cavs should make it a game with too little time left?

No, I think there is a decent amount of time left, depending on what the Cavs do. They should keep chipping away at the Boston lead and not try to always go for the big plays (3 pointers and such).

• Owner

Boston is garbage and I hate them with all of my heart, but they were getting screwed over by the refs for most of that 15-0 run. Badly.

And you can't say James' elbow is that big of an excuse. He dropped 35/7/7 in Game 1, on a good shooting percentage, after the MRI was performed.

Boston figured the Cavs out. Jamison is a liability on defense (as I stated), and they are doubling LeBron quicker than usual, even before the drive, and forcing the rest of the team to beat them. Finally.

Gotta hand it to that 'suffocating' Celtics defense so well known two years back. Cleveland has a spurt late in the game but the Celtics responded.

Btw Rondo is a monster.

Boston is garbage and I hate them with all of my heart, but they were getting screwed over by the refs for most of that 15-0 run. Badly.

And you can't say James' elbow is that big of an excuse. He dropped 35/7/7 in Game 1, on a good shooting percentage, after the MRI was performed.

Boston figured the Cavs out. Jamison is a liability on defense (as I stated), and they are doubling LeBron quicker than usual, even before the drive, and forcing the rest of the team to beat them. Finally.

Odds that Mike Brown makes adjustments to these things?

• Owner

Odds that Mike Brown makes adjustments to these things?

Mike Brown doesn't make offensive adjustments, his assistants do. Brown is strictly defense, and honestly, there is no other way to defend Rondo. James can't defend him, so the adjustments will be for players to actually hit their shots, for LeBron to be as aggressive as he was in Game 1, and to not let Sheed and Garnett abuse Jamison in the post.

Noooiiicccceeee!!!!!!

Didn't catch the game due to work, but i like what the final score was ^_^.

Anyways, Hopefully we keep this type of intensity for the rest of the series. It's nice to see us steal HCA , we'll need it against Cleveland.

Mike Brown doesn't make offensive adjustments, his assistants do. Brown is strictly defense, and honestly, there is no other way to defend Rondo. James can't defend him, so the adjustments will be for players to actually hit their shots, for LeBron to be as aggressive as he was in Game 1, and to not let Sheed and Garnett abuse Jamison in the post.

That's the key right there. Against this Celtic team, he is the only matchup offensively the Cavs can exploit. I know he like to start off passive to get his teammates in a rythym, but the Celtics matchup too well for the Cavs. I don't expect LeBron to average 38/8/8 like he did against the Magic last year, but he needs to have a similar mindset and hope the talent they built around him is improved enough to handle a similar type of series.

• Owner

That's the key right there. Against this Celtic team, he is the only matchup offensively the Cavs can exploit. I know he like to start off passive to get his teammates in a rythym, but the Celtics matchup too well for the Cavs. I don't expect LeBron to average 38/8/8 like he did against the Magic last year, but he needs to have a similar mindset and hope the talent they built around him is improved enough to handle a similar type of series.

Easier said than done, though. The Heat fans figured Wade could be aggressive, but Boston started to double him before the drive, and they forced the rest of the team into shots.

Can't remember which game it was, exactly, but the Heat had a big lead (maybe 19 points?), and then Wade was locked up for 17 minutes without a bucket.

With Perkins and Garnett watching, and both Pierce and Allen (Tony Allen) trying to disrupt what James is doing, it's going to be a tough series.

Easier said than done, though. The Heat fans figured Wade could be aggressive, but Boston started to double him before the drive, and they forced the rest of the team into shots.

Can't remember which game it was, exactly, but the Heat had a big lead (maybe 19 points?), and then Wade was locked up for 17 minutes without a bucket.

With Perkins and Garnett watching, and both Pierce and Allen (Tony Allen) trying to disrupt what James is doing, it's going to be a tough series.

I think the game you're thinking of was game 1.

I know what you're saying, but the difference between Wade and James in that scenario is that LeBron is much better if he has to give up the ball when he gets across half-court at getting the ball back in a different position where he can do damage. When Wade gets doubled that early, he gives up the ball and just stands there as his teammates scramble. LeBron will set picks in a pick and roll with Williams, and gets position elbow extended about 20ft out where he can attack. The Cavs also have far more offensive threats and shooters than Miami did, so it's gonna be harder for the Celtics to go through with the same gameplan and have the same success. And they can't let James off scoring the ball like Wade went off in the first round.

As I said in the Bulls series, the Cavs interior defense is terrible. Jamison is a huge liability on defense, Shaq is too slow to do anything, and pretty lazy to boot. Aside from Varajao they really dont have anyone who can protect the paint, and even he isnt that special aside from the hustle rebounds. Rondo wont be stopped this series, when Pierce gets going this series could get ugly. I would not be surprised to see the Celtics win this in 5, they were just toying with the Cavs at times. Legit contenders dont get blown out by 20 points at home in the playoffs.

As I said in the Bulls series, the Cavs interior defense is terrible. Jamison is a huge liability on defense, Shaq is too slow to do anything, and pretty lazy to boot. Aside from Varajao they really dont have anyone who can protect the paint, and even he isnt that special aside from the hustle rebounds. Rondo wont be stopped this series, when Pierce gets going this series could get ugly. I would not be surprised to see the Celtics win this in 5, they were just toying with the Cavs at times. Legit contenders dont get blown out by 20 points at home in the playoffs.

The Lakers lost by 40 points to the Celtics in Game 6, but that didnt stop them from winning the following year, did it?

Its a 7 game series.

• Like 1

Interested to see how Shaq and Jamison respond with our backs against the wall Game 3. I hope LeBron gets his act together, because if he's going to be indifferent (never seen him play like that or act like that in post game conference), just beat us in 5 and save us the waste of hoping.