GM2: Utah (0) @ LA Lakers (1)

Not really. He does it quite a bit, unfortunately. Wide-open layups, as you can see. :(

Yeah, as I had to endure with him on Houston last year, any shot within 18ft from the rim is a struggle for him.

• Owner

You sure can't tell that Bynum is playing with a hole in his meniscus. He's playing pretty damn good right now.

Kobe isn't shooting the ball as well as I'd want him to (7-16, 44%), but he's making plays and playing good defense.

Gasol is playing good as well.

Kobe isn't shooting the ball as well as I'd want him to (7-16, 44%), but he's making plays and playing good defense.

Kobe's shooting the ball fine and playing very well, but his one problem right now is the TO's...5 through 2.5 quarters is just too much.

• Owner

I'm okay with 44% FG, but it's not great. Don't want to take away from Matthews' defense, though.

And yes, the turnovers are a problem right now. Him and Gasol both have five.

• Owner

I don't get it. Why not just keep our guys in for a change, push it hard and not let off the gas, and make sure we don't have to fight back so damn hard to close the game out?

Phil wants everyone to play limited minutes, but it's better to let them run a bit longer if it means they don't have to claw their way out of a huge Jazz run every fourth quarter.

• Owner

dam the laker crowd sucks, sounds just like a normal season game

The first five rows are celebrities, and the next 70% are mostly older fans who don't care to cheer. They are the only ones that can afford Lakers tickets.

The loudest part of STAPLES, unfortunately, is in the nosebleed section.

The first five rows are celebrities, and the next 70% are mostly older fans who don't care to cheer. They are the only ones that can afford Lakers tickets.

The loudest part of STAPLES, unfortunately, is in the nosebleed section.

Yup from my experience the true fans sit in the nosebleed. Ive actually been to playoff games with rich guys who when we got to the game didnt even care about the shirt they were given, I for one thought it was pretty cool to get a shirt. The people in the lower sections are just the people that can afford the tickets, not the people who really like the team.

Kobe has been pretty efficient the last three games, and tonight it looked like he had a little hop in his step.

Our size advantage is showing in this series, especially in todays game. We outrebounded them, we made them miss 34 field goal attempts in the paint, and we blocked 13 shots. It doesn't matter if that had Okur or Andre, they would still lose to us.

• Owner

Good win, but too many turnovers, and a fourth-quarter collapse (midway through it)...just can't say it's good enough to win a championship. Not yet, at least.

We need to play better, maintain leads and limit turnovers.