+6'9" players in the NFL

Heir Rose

Why aren't there any players above 6'9" in the NFL? I believe Marcus McNeill is the tallest or one of the tallest at about 6'9", but I've never heard of a player listed higher than that. Sure, most really tall guys pursue basketball with their height advantage and all, but I've been wondering what a 6'11" basketball player like DeMarcus Cousins would look like on a football field as a tackle if trained properly. Is part of the reason because their knees would get shot easier at such a great height?

Yeah wayyyyy too many injuries, hard to get low, terrible form, etc etc etc.

I've always wanted to see a 7' guy on just special teams to block field goals, but the chop blocks would eliminate him from action shortly after his first blocked kick. Also hard to justify a roster spot for a specialty guy like that, I guess.

There's really no position that benefits a tall player like that though, maybe safety but you have to get low on RB's or they are killing you and a 7 foot WR going over the middle is just a big target, and I don't see 7 footers running 4.5's at the combine. People that tall will just play basketball because it's a much easier sport for someone of that height.

Guest Zyzz

King Dunlap for Eagles Oline is 6'9 I think.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/34/340496.jpg

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/350368/philadelphia_eagles_v_2648.jpg

Let me introduce you to one of the best young LT's in the NFL.

His name is Sebastian Vollmer, and he is a beast, and every game on CBS the commentators would blow their load when talking about him.

They did about Tim Tebow too, doesn't mean I think he's going to be a good pro lol. Stations usually like certain guys, specially certain commentators, doesn't really mean hes great though his size is nice.